Sunday, March 20, 2016

He Died For You, He Died For me


For God so loved the world, 
that he gave his only begotten Son, 
that whosoever believeth in him 
should not perish, 
but have everlasting life.
- John 3:16 -




O love divine, amazing love 
that brought to earth from Heav'n above
The Son of God for us to die,
that we might dwell on high.

For us a crown of thorns He bore,
for us a robe of scorn He wore.
He conquered death and rent the grave
and lives again our souls to save.

O wandr'er, come, on Him believe,
His grace by faith receive.
Awake, arise, and hear His call,
the feast is spread for all.

He died for you,
He died for me,
and shed His blood to make us free.
Upon the cross of Calvary,
the Savior died for me.
- Fanny Crosby -




O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
spread His praise from shore to shore,
How He came to pay our ransom 
through the saving cross He bore;
How He watches o'er His loved ones,
those He died to make His own;
How for them He's interceding,
pleading now before the throne.
O the deep, deep love,
all I need and trust
is the deep, deep love of Jesus.
- Samuel Trevor Francis and Bob Kauflin -




I will glory in my Redeemer,
Whose priceless blood has ransomed me.
Mine was the sin that drove the bitter nails,
and hung Him on that judgment tree.
I will glory in my Redeemer,
Who crushed the pow'r of sin and death.
My only Savior before the Holy Judge;
The Lamb who is my righteousness,
- Steve and Vikki Cook -  




You were broken that I might be healed;
You were cast off that I might draw near;
You were thirsty that I might drink;
Cried out in anguish that I might sing.

You were darkness that I might know light;
Wept great tears that mine might be dried;
Stripped of glory that I might be clothed;
Crushed by Your Father to call me Your own.

How deep is Your love;
How high and how wide is Your mercy;
How deep is Your grace;
Our hearts overflow with praise to You!
- Stephen Altrogge -




May our hearts be tender to the working of our precious Lord
as we prepare for Easter.

Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends!




The charming tea cup pictured in this post
was a very special gift from a very special blogging friend.

28 comments:

Melanie said...

Have a blessed Palm Sunday, Stephanie.

littlegraycottage said...

Thank you Lord Jesus....

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Have a wonderful Sunday Stephanie :)

September Violets said...

Beautiful verses Stephanie. Happy Sunday :)
Wendy

Margie said...

These lovely verses are the perfect start to Holy Week.

You photographed the teacup so beautifully that I nearly didn't recognize it! Heh.




Elizabeth said...

Beautiful verses and teacup!

Mary Hutchins said...

Beautiful teacup, such a lovely gift. Praise God, He is risen!

Hope said...

Good morning Stephanie,

How very lovely - scripture, verses, and photos!

I hope you have an especially beautiful Sunday this first day of spring.

Happy Spring!
♥Hope

Debbie Harris said...

Good Morning! Happy Spring to you.:-)
What a lovely post full of so many golden nuggets. I especially enjoyed the last treasure by Stephen Altrogge, beautiful.
You always share such gorgeous photos.
That tea cup is so pretty and feminine.
I went and visited Margie, what a lovely place she has.

Thank you for always inspiring us with your Sunday inspiration.

Much love~

Anne said...

Palm Sunday blessing and a happy Spring to you! ♥

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Beautiful Palm Sunday post, thank you.
xoxo

Mehrll said...

Gorgeous photos and awesome words to the songs and poetry. Truly He i our Redeemer who bought us back from Satan and loves us more than we can comprehend. Thanks for the consistently beautiful blogs that uplift Jesus. Hugs.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Happy Sunday and happy FOREVER dearest Stephanie! Next Sunday is the celebration of the biggest event to ever hit mankind and history!

Sandi said...

So much beauty, Stephanie. You have an eye for what goes together.

Those flowers are amazing. They make me think of The Color Purple, when one of the characters (Sug Avery, I believe) says that she thinks it upsets God when we walk past the color purple and don't notice it. Those roses are like that too.

Have a good Sunday.

Blessings!

allthingzsewn said...

A beautiful post indeed. I visited with your friend Margie, She is delightful. I learned so much from the video she shared with Steve Twinning. I want to learn more about tea. I didn't realize there are different ways to brew different teas for instance. I just thought some teas were bitter, not realizing I was probably brewing it incorrectly. Don't laugh at me, I gotta start somewhere.
Blessings
Tonia

Conniecrafter said...

May your week be blessed as we prepare for Christ's precious gift and the celebration of his resurrection!!

Gina said...

Thank you for the uplifting post, Stephanie. It brought to mind the hymn "Yesterday He Died for me". I'm not sure that is the title of the song but it is repeated in the chorus. :-)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What wonderful verses you've shared today, sweet friend, for this Palm Sunday. You always touch my heart with your choices.
The teacup is so pretty and yes, dear Margie is a sweet blogging friend!
Enjoy your week as we prepare for Easter. Love, hugs, and blessings are sent to you.

Susan said...

Hello Dear Stephanie. And now, Holy Week begins. Praise Him. Hope your week is especially blessed for always remembering Him in your posts. Susan

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest Stephanie! Thank you so much for coming by my blog post. SPRING IS HERE! Enjoy the day sweetness! Anita

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Beautiful pictures, and thank you for sharing such rich words about the death, burial and resurrection of our Savior ... He LIVES Hallelujah! Such amazing love we can have because of that gift to us... you have a way of putting words and pictures together to create a joyful experience on every visit here! Much love to you today!

Daniela said...

So inspiring and refreshing, as usual, your posts, my lovely Stephanie, thank you for sharing so much Love and Faith with us, you're a blessing for so many !

Hope your week is off to a great start, I wish you much love for your days to come, preparing us to Holy Easter,
sending gentle hugs to you,

Dany

Roosterhead Designs said...

Sooo lovely; sooo encouraging Stephanie, Thank you~ Karen O

Red Rose Alley said...

You have the prettiest tea cups, Stephanie. What a nice gift from your friend. This first verse is one of my favorites, and is framed and put out every Easter. That crocheted doily is sweet. It reminds me of the pink doily that my grandmother made, and my tea cup is sitting on it as I write this.

You take some of the loveliest pictures in blog land, my dear.

love, ~Sheri

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello dear Stephanie...oh, I have been enjoying the beauutiful Easter posts from my lovely blog friends this chilly March morning... With so many baby preparations, I have paid little attention to Easter, and it struck me on Sunday that the time for celebrating the deep, merciful love of our Saviour is drawing near! Oh, how BLESSED are we to have such a mighty Lord!

The teacup sweet Margie graced you with is too beautiful for words...she is such a dear friend and with impeccable taste...{{smiles}}

Have a blessed week - sending you hugs!
Kelly-Anne

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

BEAUTIFUL

Barbara Neubeck said...

... beautiful post Stephanie..
Have a wonderful Easter..
God Bless... hugs...
Barb xxx

Mildred said...

A beautiful post, Stephanie. I wish you a wonderful day. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...