Sunday, March 27, 2016

Rejoice, For He Lives Today!


Jesus is not the "Great I WAS"
but rather the "Great I AM!"




Jesus Christ is not only a historical fact but a present-day, living reality.
All of Christianity rests upon the truth that Jesus rose from the grave victorious
 and is now seated at the Father's right hand as our personal Advocate.

"Fear not; I am the first and the last:
I am he that liveth, and was dead;
and behold, I am alive forevermore, 
Amen."
Revelation 1:17b, 18 {KJV}




Christ Arose
Written by
Robert Lowry, 1826 - 1899

Low in the grave He lay - Jesus, my Savior!
Waiting the coming day - Jesus, my Lord!

Vainly they watch His bed - Jesus, my Savior!
Vainly they seal the dead - Jesus, my Lord!

Death cannot keep his prey - Jesus, my Savior!
He tore the bars away - Jesus, my Lord!

Chorus
Up from the grave He arose,
with a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
and He lives forever with His saints to reign,
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah!
Christ arose!





"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
Matthew 28:6


Weep No More
written by
Steve Pettit

Mary went to the tomb in the morning,
But the stone had been rolled away.
So she hurried to tell the disciples,
Christ was taken from where He lay!

As her tears flowed like rain in the garden,
A clear voice sweetly called her name,
Then she turned, for she knew it was Jesus;
He's alive just as He claimed!

Place your faith in the blood of the Savior,
And your sins will be washed away.
All the power of death will be broken,
Oh, rejoice, for He lives today!

Oh, weep no more in sorrow,
He has risen and conquered the grave!
He's alive!
It is true as He promised,
Oh, rejoice, for He lives today!


"Now if we be dead with Christ,
we believe that we shall also live with him:
Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more;
death hath no more dominion over him."
Romans 6: 8 - 9




Look, Ye Saints! the Sight is Glorious
Written by
Thomas Kelly, 1769 - 1854

Look, ye saints! the sight is glorious:
See the Man of Sorrows now;
From the fight returned victorious,
Every knee to Him shall bow:
Crown Him! crown Him!
Crowns become the Victor's brow.

Crown the Savior! angels crown Him!
Rich the trophies Jesus brings;
In the seat of power enthrone Him,
While the vault of heaven rings:
Crown Him! crown Him!
Crown the Savior King of kings.

Sinners in derision crowned Him,
Mocking thus the Savior's claim;
Saints and angels crowd around Him,
Own His title, praise His name:
Crown Him! crown Him!
Spread abroad the Victor's fame!

Hark! those bursts of acclamation!
Hark! those loud triumphant chords!
Jesus takes the highest station-
O what joy the sight affords!
Crown Him! crown Him!
King of kings and Lord of lords!




My dear friends,
allow the precious truth of Jesus Christ's resurrection to thrill your life anew.
Sing with great triumph, "Christ arose!"
We serve a living Savior-
He is the King of kings and Lord of lords!





God sent His Son - they called Him Jesus:
He came to love, heal, and forgive;

He lived and died to buy my pardon,
an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Because He lives I can face tomorrow;
because He lives all fear is gone;
because I know He holds the future,
and life is worth the living just because He lives.
- Bill Gaither -




Now let the heavens be joyful, let the earth her song begin,
let the round world keep triumph and  all that is therein;
let all things seen and unseen their notes in gladness blend,
for Christ the Lord hath risen, our joy that hath no end!
- From the early eighth century by John of Damascus -




Celebrate and rejoice this Easter season!
Allow your soul to vibrate with joy and "Alleluias"
for all that the risen Savior means to you!


Have a blessed Easter, my friends!

Sharing with:

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

54 comments:

littlegraycottage said...

Hallelujah! He has risen indeed!

Grace and peace to you and your family todayXO

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such an inspirational and wonderful post. Wishing you and your family a Blessed and Glorious Easter.

Manu said...

Wishing you a happy Easter.
xox

Nurdan Kanber said...

I wish you and your beloved ones a happy and merry Easter 🙏😘💕
All my very best

Nurdan

Elizabethd said...

Amen Stephanie!

Terra Hangen said...

I love this post and all the words to the hymns and Scripture. We serve a living King. Have a blessed Easter everyone.

Terra Hangen said...

My second comment; I like those dainty white flowers. What are they? I want to plant some. Could you leave a comment on my blog and tell me their name? Thanks.

Nina said...

These old hymns do express the work of Christ in an wondrous way!
He has risen and he lives - and He is our life!
Blessings to your, dear Stephanie ...
Thank you for shining His light!
Nina xx

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Ooh Stephanie, I love the opening of your post. Yes, Jesus is the "Great I Am". What a beautiful and fitting statement of truth this Easter Sunday. Thank you for sharing your lovely words and pictures were us. Happy Easter Blessings to you and your sweet family.
p.s. I went to a very early service this morning and we sang "Roll Away the Stone". Are you familiar with that song? It's so perfect for Easter.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Amen Stephanie! Lovely post. Happy Resurrection Day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good afternoon my friend! We had a super morning going to the lake. We sat in the car (too late during sunrise to walk) and read scriptures in French, English and Spanish. We then took a walk at a mall, then back outside to walk along side Minnehaha Creek, then back to the car for our tea (from our thermos!) - the joy of living, hoping and transformation, all this hope rests on our faith on this EVENT we celebrate today. BE WELL, BE ALIVE!

Mehrll said...

Precious Stephanie I believe this is the most beautiful post I have seen for Easter. Everything that we hope for is available because He arose! He is my life and my all. Thank you for being such a witness for Him.

1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Hugs.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many good wishes for Easter to you and your family

All the best Jan

All4 Barbie said...

Hello from Spain: I really like your words. Very inspiring. Happy Easter. Keep in touch

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

What a wonderful post. Happy Easter Stephanie!

Melanie said...

Wonderful post! Happy Easter, Stephanie.

Ashleigh said...

Such an encouraging reminder, dear Stephanie...our Lord IS and shall be our glorious conqueror. Beautiful photos, too! I love the lace and delicate flowers~ thanks for always sharing something lovely with us♥
Hope your day is joy filled,
Hugs from Ashleigh

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours a BLESSED and HAPPY EASTER. Love the photos you posted.
Marilyn

Cheryl said...

Praise the Lord for the hope we have in the fact that HE arose! That gives us hope, even in our darkest times. Thank you for this lovely post, Stephanie! God bless you abundantly, sweet friend. :)

Debbie Harris said...

This was such a majestic post in all its glory to Christ, our risen Savior. As I scrolled down it just got sweeter and sweeter, Stephanie.
Beautiful words, beautiful photos, beautiful declaration of all that we rejoice in.

Have a glorious day~~

magnoliasntea said...

Beautiful post, Stephanie!
Happy Resurrection Day!
Have a great week!
Toni

Jeanna said...

Thank you for this lovely post, Stephanie. Happy Easter to you and your family.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful and uplifting. A post of rejoicing for what Jesus/God did for us. I am forever thankful.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Mary Hutchins said...

Hallelujah, He is alive! Hope your Easter has been happy and blessed.

Anne Payne said...

Stephanie, As always, your post is extraordinarily lovely! All the Scriptures and hymns and songs...blessing upon blessing. And I must say that your pink vases filled with Roses and Baby's Breath are gorgeous!!! I know you've enjoyed celebrating our Savior's Resurrection Day. Lots of love and hugs...

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Easter, dear Stephanie! The white little flowers look gorgeous in the pink vases. And the hymn notes are perfect for Easter. This is surely one of the loveliest Easter posts I've seen.

love, ~Sheri

Carol Z said...

Beautiful pictures. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Laura Lane said...

BEAUTIFUL post!
THANK GOD for our Savior!
Hugs!
Laura

doodles n daydreams said...

Have a blessed Easter my friend.

Diana

Simply Linda said...

A Belated Happy Easter to you...Blessings

Lauren at Wonderfully Made said...

Beautiful. Thankful for a Risen Savior! Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day with your family. Our twin girls who travel the world surprised us by coming home Friday so we had a WONDERFUL weekend. They were supposed to be heading to Guatemala from Honduras but came home instead. What a joy!

Debbie said...

spiritually we are different but our hearts are the same. i think having a good heart and a kind spirit are most important!!! your images are really special, really beautiful!!!

i hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful and uplifting post. Belated Easter greetings.

Feral Turtle said...

What a lovely post Stephanie! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Amen, sister Stephanie!

He is risen, indeed!

Praise be for His Glory and His Holy Name!

Conniecrafter said...

Dear Stephanie, I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful day with your family, celebrating the Lord's triumph over death and sin!!!
Beautiful pictures and that first hymn always reminds me of my Mother in law she would sing that song loud and proud!!
Have a wonderful week to come!

Christine said...

Amen & amen! Wonderful hymns & most wonderful to know our Redeemer liveth!

Pam Richardson said...

Thanks for the beautiful and inspirational post! Wishing you a joy-filled week, sweet Stephanie! Hugs, Pam

Dani Jeanne said...

Is that an accordion I spy? Lovely photos, Stephanie. I hope you had a blessed Easter.

Praise God our Redeemer lives!

Dani xoxo
a vapor in the wind

Debby Ray said...

I know I'm late with my comment but I wanted to tell you how comforting it was seeing those words of those old hymns. I do like some of the contemporary music but there is just something about those old songs that are so special. I hope you enjoyed a blessed Easter weekend with your family! Hugs!

Kim said...

A lovely, inspirational message of the joy and the heart of the Christian's hope, sweet Stephanie. I am ever thankful of our Lord's love for me! I hope you had a blessed Easter, sweet lady!

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Oh dear Stephanie, such joy in my heart both with your beautiful images, and the old precious hymns that have a clear and strong sound, so beautiful to me! You have a way of combining beautiful pictures with quotes and hymns that bring joy into my heart in a very real way. Do you play the accordion too? I learned how to play the accordion first as a young child, and then graduated to the piano. I do so love the beautiful sound of the accordion. One of my favorite songs to sing is Because He Lives... oh how thankful I am for the life of our Lord Jesus Christ that conquered death, hell and the grave to bring us such glorious victory in our lives. Trusting you had a lovely Easter dear Stephanie, much love to you my dear friend!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful words, beautiful Truth! Stephanie, what a perfect post for Easter weekend :) How sweet it is to think and KNOW that we serve a living, risen Saviour! And how good He is! :)

I hope you and your sweet family had a lovely and blessed day yesterday! Wishing you a beautiful week ahead!

Much love and many hugs,
Libby

Gina said...

Stephanie, what a glorious post! I love the verses "Because He lives I can face tomorrow; because He lives all fear is gone; because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living just because He lives." A favorite hymn of mine. God bless you!

shortybear said...

beautiful

hobbyloes said...

I always love your prescouis hymns and I am touched by your wonderful Easter post.
He is risen indeed, He is alive.

Huckleberry stitches said...

He is Risen Indeed and we are Blessed to call Him Savior!!!

Somerset Wedding Girl said...

A beautiful post for celebrating Easter, some lovely words and songs here!

Lady Linda said...

Happy Easter wishes and many blessing to you dear friend. I hope you had a lovely day. Thinking about you with love.
Linda

Bernideen said...

What a wonderful posting so full of love and inspiration! Thank you!

Ana said...

Beautiful post Stephanie. Thank you so much for sharing. Hope you had a wonderfully blessed Easter.

Hugs and Blessings,
❤️Ana

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Stephanie, I hope you had a nice Easter. Enjoy the week.
Julie

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Happy Easter season to you, Stephanie. Beautiful post. Love the accordion as the backdrop to your lovely photos. xoxo

Bethany Carson said...

Wonderful message--and photos--Stephanie! It is awesome to have a living God!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...