Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Berenstain Bears Mother's Day Blessings - Book Review

Mama Bear is the best mama in all of Bear Country 
and Brother, Sister, and Honey Bear know just what to do for her on Mother’s Day. 

In this newest title in the Berenstain Bears Living Lights, 
The Berenstain Bears Mother’s Day Blessings, 
join the Bear family and all of Bear Country as they spend Mother’s Day together 
remembering just why our mothers are so special to all of us!




My Thoughts
I have always loved The Berenstain Bears
from the time I was a young girl.
Reading these books to my son is not only a delight,
but it brings back many fond memories from childhood.
I love the fact that I can give a Berenstain Bear book 
to my son to read on his own
and know he will be reading something wholesome,
something that will make him laugh 
and teach him the important truths about life.

The Berenstain Bears Mother's Day Blessings
is a sweet book that is perfect to read with your little ones around Mother's Day.
The cubs see what others do for his/her mother
and the book shows the reader that all kinds of women are mothers.

"Gee!" said Sister.
"I didn't even know Dr. Grizzly was a mother."

"Me, neither," said Brother.
"I just thought she was a doctor."

Mama laughed.
"Doctors, nurses, police officers, emergency crews-
and homemakers like me-
we can all be mothers."
{ Mother's Day Blessings }

I found the book to be enjoyable and sweet,
but it didn't seem to have a message.
Most Berenstain Bears books have a core message
that makes the reader think
and this book seemed to lack in that area.
This would be my one and only complaint.

As with all Berenstain books
the illustrations are wonderful
and the characters always leave you with a smile.
My son read the book
and asked that I give it 5 stars because he loved it :)
The book is written for his age 
so maybe you had better take his word over mine {{smiles}}

I am giving Mother's Day Blessings 4 stars.

 ** I was given a complimentary copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers
for an honest review. 
All thoughts are my own and no other compensation was received. **

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great to know your opinion. I wanted to buy the Easter one for my grandchildren but didn't have time to read it. I loved them for my children but that's been a while ago and I am glad to know they are still good.

Anne said...

I'm a Berenstain Bears fan too. I'll have to look for this one for my grands.
Have a nice Sunday tomorrow. ♥

mamasmercantile said...

Certainly sounds like a book my darling Grandchildren would love. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Stacey said...

I loved reading these books to my sons when they were little. I just may get this one for our niece and also a sweet little friend who just had a baby. Thanks for sharing. :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I read these books to my children and now to my Grands. Love the stories!
hugs,
Linda

Anne Payne said...

It's fun to review a book that your child(ren) (or in my case, grandchildren) can enjoy too! :-)

Joyful said...

Aw, how precious. My late sister used to read all the Berenstein Bears books to her children. They loved them and I grew to love them too. Blessings dear Stephanie. ♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet friend!

I don't know this series of books, though I've heard of these bears! Some Children's books are remembered and loved by kids for some reason or another; the drawings, the time of life when they read them or were read to....but often times when I look back at a story I loved, it has no message at all. But the visual effect has a sort of meaning that I suppose for the young mind, makes and takes shape. You never know how the young mind processes!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Sadly I have never heard of The Berenstain Bears Books. Maybe they are not so popular here in the UK.
Great book review, I will have to have a look for one next time I'm in a book shop :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

I adored the Berenstain Bears growing up too! So cute. I remember there was a cartoon made from the books too that I used to watch.

Margie said...

Aww, this post takes me back to my childhood. I'm glad that the Berenstain Bears are still charming the new generations!

Lowcarb team member said...

Good to know your opinion
Great to know your son's too.

I hope you've had a lovely week, may next week bring you all good things.

All the best Jan

SpicingUpIdaho said...

We loved the BB books too as children! I enjoyed your review and thought it fun that your son gave it 5 stars, he is a little book reviewer himself, lol! I agree that most of the BB books do have a message, and sounds like your rating is spot on. Have a wonderful day my friend :)

Kelley Dibble said...

I just re-found your blog today and have been enjoying catching up after years of absence.

I, too, read the Berenstain books to my own children who are now 32 and 29. However, today I would steer my younger-self away from these books. I feel like they male-bash the biblical head of the home and seem to always shine a light on the helpmeet who can do no wrong and is always right. Words like "gee" are also one example that I taught my children is a euphemism, using a form of God's name in vain. Today I would urge my younger-self to be more selective in reading books to my children that didn't tiptoe away from the principles of God's Word.

I think young mothers have a much harder row to hoe today because of the offerings society sparkles in front of their eyes and the eyes of their young. Stay in the Word and your family will not go astray.

It's good to be back. So enjoying my visits today!

*hugs* from a 55-year-old "know it all,"
Kelley~

P.S. I'm the type of woman about whom I don't want it said, "Why didn't she tell me that?"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...