Sunday, April 24, 2016

Take Time To Be Holy


 But as he which hath called you is holy, 
so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- 1 Peter 1: 15 & 16 -




Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord;
Abide in Him always, and feed on His Word.
Make friends of God’s children, help those who are weak,
Forgetting in nothing His blessing to seek.




Take time to be holy, the world rushes on;
Spend much time in secret, with Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus, like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends in thy conduct His likeness shall see.




Take time to be holy, let Him be thy Guide;
And run not before Him, whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow, still follow the Lord,
And, looking to Jesus, still trust in His Word.




Take time to be holy, be calm in thy soul,
Each thought and each motive beneath His control.
Thus led by His Spirit to fountains of love,
Thou soon shalt be fitted for service above.
- William D. Longstaff -




 Sanctify yourselves therefore, 
and be ye holy: 
for I am the Lord your God.
- Leviticus 20:7 -


To maintain the quality of life that God demands,
we must determine to take time to develop a life
that is genuinely and confidently holy in every area.
- Kenneth W. Osbeck -




Take time to be holy. . .

Have a blessed and joyous Lord's Day!
Sweet hugs to you!

23 comments:

Sylvia said...

Very good poem and so true. You are so creative,love your leaf design.

Debbie Harris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gypsy Heart said...

Beautifully said! We do need to take time to be holy. I have an "almost" migraine this morning so I watched Church service online. Gotta have that fix for the week! :)

I love your creation too! Your talent continues to amaze me.

Have a blessed day and week ahead ~

xoxo
Pat


Simply Linda said...

Have a beautiful Sunday, friend.

silverfeather said...

One beautiful hymn I haven't heard in awhile but something I needed to be reminded of...take time to be holy. Thanks for sharing dear Stephanie!

littlegraycottage said...

Lovely Stephanie, One of my favorite hymns...

Lowcarb team member said...

Have a beautiful Sunday ...

All the best Jan

Nina said...

Beautiful reflections on holiness and being holy ... His light shines upon us, making us see everything clear - our imperfections, fails and faults - yet it is His grace and blood that sanctifies - we can be holy, because He is holy - a wonderful promise!
Blessings and hugs to you,
Nina
PS. Love your creative and pretty handicraft!

Mehrll said...

Oh how very much wee need to "take time" to be Holy. It won't happen unless we discipline ourselves to set aside time to look into God's Word and learn to be like He wants us to be. Thanks for the beautiful reminder and lovely photos. Hugs.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

A beautiful post, thank you for the lovely encouragement.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a beautiful poem and lovely verses that you've shared on this Sunday, sweet friend. What a wonderful attribute that we should all be striving to do in this world...to be holy! I'm adding that my list!! Love to you!

Tamago said...

Such beautiful words! And I love your creation. Never thought of decorating leaf with pearl - such a unique and creative idea! Have a lovely Sunday xoxo

JES said...

Beautiful message Stephanie! This is something that is not spoken much of these days but we are told to "be ye holy as He is holy". Thank you for this important reminder!

shortybear said...

love , prayers, and great big hugs

Consider It All Joy said...

Amen and Blessings to you! xo

Mari said...

I haven't heard that song for some time and it's good to hear it again. It struck me as a read the words, that we don't hear about striving to be holy very much anymore. It's a good reminder.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What a beautiful posy. Have a wonderful week ahead dear Stephanie :)

Things and Thoughts said...

Nicely said...
Happy new week dear Stephanie. Here in Greece, we are counting down to Easter!
Olympia

hobbyloes said...

Beautiful hymn, Stephanie.
Have a blessed week.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Another lovely Sunday post Stephanie.

Have a wonderful week!

Feral Turtle said...

What an adorable bouquet you have created! Beautiful words and flowers do mix!

Cheryl said...

I love this dear, old hymn! It brought tears to my eyes, because its words resonate so deeply with me. It is the desire of my heart to live the holy life He seeks. Sending you much love and gratitude for all you do, sweet friend. And, thank you ever so much for the precious card I received from you today. OH, it did brighten up my whole day!

CherylQuilts said...

Dearest Stephanie, I always so appreciate your Sunday blog posts and the wonderful Scripture. I love this theme of striving to live a holy life honoring our Father in all we do, say, and think. I've been reminded especially this week to use my time, treasure, and talents for His glory and to live a life glorifying Him. I am so blessed by you, dear friend, and I wish you a wonderful rest of the week! Hugs! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...