Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sins Of The Past - Book Review

Hello, sweet friends of mine!
Long time no post, eh? :)
As many of you know I have been taking a break from blogging
and that break is still taking place.
While on my break I've been sent lots of books to read
from several publishing companies
and at the moment I am getting buried in literature. . .
which really isn't a bad thing {{smiles}}
Since my pile of books is only growing 
I thought it would be best if I wrote a few reviews while on my break.
I will be back to blogging soon,
but until then I hope you enjoy the book reviews
and I sincerely hope all of you are well.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Three Novellas from Bestselling Authors

In Dee Henderson's "Missing," a Wyoming sheriff is called to Chicago 
when his elderly mother goes missing. 
Paired with a savvy Chicago cop, 
the two realize her disappearance is no accident, 
and a race against the clock begins.

Dani Pettrey returns to Alaska with "Shadowed," 
introducing readers to the parents of her beloved McKenna clan. 
Adventure, romance, and danger collide when a young fisherman nets the body 
of an open-water swimming competitor who may actually be a possible Russian defector.

Lynette Eason's "Blackout" delivers the story 
of a woman once implicated in a robbery gone wrong. 
The loot has never been found-
but her memory of that night has always been unreliable. 
Can she remember enough to find her way to safety 
when the true culprit comes after her?




My Thoughts
Three talented suspense authors in one book-
can it get any better?

Dee Henderson is a well-known author because of her detailed writing skills
and the ability to capture the readers attention with suspenseful twists and turns.
While I have enjoyed books by Dee in the past 
I must confess that "Missing" was not one of my favorites and it fell flat.
The plot itself was unique, but unfortunately the story was slow and somewhat repetitive.
There was hardly any action and the mystery simply wasn't there.

Dani Pettrey is a fairly new author to me
and I must say that she is quickly climbing to the top of the list of my favorite authors.
Dani definitely knows how to write a story packed with mystery and suspense.
From the first page of "Shadowed" I was drawn in.
I enjoyed the outdoor adventure in Alaska
and that fact that the story was set in the 1970's made it all the more interesting.
A job well done by Dani Pettrey.

Lynette Eason is definitely my favorite suspense author
as she never fails to write an intriguing mystery-
oh, how I admire this author and her talent for writing!
In "Blackout" you will be on the edge of your seat for the entire length of the story.
The first chapter had me holding my breath in suspense. . .
I can't remember that happening before.
The action and suspense were phenomenal
and the romance was perfect!
It helped that the two main characters had known one another for two years
and had built a friendship so the romance that budded between them was enjoyable and believable.

If you enjoy suspense with a touch of romance
than Sins of the Past is for you.
The perfect book to enjoy by the pool or in the shade of a tree during the hot summer days.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Authors
Dee Henderson is the New York Times bestselling author of more than a dozen novels. 
She is a lifelong resident of Illinois. 
Visit her at www.deehenderson.com

Dani Pettrey is the award-winning author of the acclaimed Alaskan Courage series. 
She lives in Maryland. 

Lynette Eason is the bestselling author of the Women of Justice series. 
She lives in South Carolina. 
Learn more at www.lynetteeason.com

11 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

It's always good to read reviews, I always think more about my book choices then.

May you continue to enjoy your blogging break.

All the best Jan

Simply Linda said...

I wondered where you been...enjoy your break, sweet friend...smiles

Camille said...

I appreciate your reviews...thank you! And, I do hope you are feeling more and more refreshed on your break from blogging. How necessary it is at times! Hugs, Camille

Julie's Lifestyle said...

These all sound like nice stories Stephanie. Thanks for the review and introducing us to those authors. Enjoy your break from blogging. :)

Daniela said...

I'm so overjoyed to read about you, my lovely, I'm missing you and your posts so, so much !
This review truly invites me, this book seems fit to me !

Hope you're enjoying your break, sweetest Stephanie, I'm sending my dearest love to you

Dany

Debbie said...

as you know, i am not a reader but i am sure your readers will enjoy and appreciate these wonderful reviews!!

Tamago said...

Great reviews! I love suspense-filled mystery. Shadowed and Blackout sound really interesting.
I hope you are enjoying your blog break :-) Have a wonderful weekend!!

Vee said...

Just saying hi. So glad that your blogging break continues because I think that means you're having fun! Having a stack of fresh reading material must be pretty fun...

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

How nice to see a post from you, sweet friend! I'm glad that you're continuing on your break, and enjoying some reading along the way. I always appreciate your honest reviews. Love and hugs are sent to you!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Oh I love fun mysteries! They are not easy to put down. :)

Cheryl said...

Thank you for the book reviews, sweet friend! So thankful to see a post from you. I know you are enjoying your blogging break...we all need to step back once in a while. Sending you big hugs and many blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...