Sunday, May 01, 2016

Teach Me Thy Way, O Lord


A spiritual knowledge of Christ 
is always a personal knowledge.
It is not gained through the experience of others.
Knowing the Lord  in all of His fullness
for every situation we encounter is a lifetime pursuit.
- Kenneth W. Osbeck -




Teach me Thy way, O Lord, teach me Thy way!
Thy guiding grace afford, teach me Thy way!
Help me to walk aright, more by faith, less by sight;
Lead me with heav’nly light, teach me Thy way!

When I am sad at heart, teach me Thy way!
When earthly joys depart, teach me Thy way!
In hours of loneliness, in times of dire distress,
In failure or success, teach me Thy way!




When doubts and fears arise, teach me Thy way!
When storms o’erspread the skies, teach me Thy way!
Shine through the cloud and rain, through sorrow, toil and pain;
Make Thou my pathway plain, teach me Thy way!

Long as my life shall last, teach me Thy way!
Where’er my lot be cast, teach me Thy way!
Until the race is run, until the journey’s done,
Until the crown is won, teach me Thy way!
- Benjamin Mansell Ramsey -




Discipleship involves a willingness to be taught
and then a desire to follow the ways of the Lord-
to go with Him in the same direction He is going.
We must be willing to say with David Livingston,
the notes missionary statesman of the past century,
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess
except in relation to the kingdom of Christ."
- Kenneth W. Osbeck -




I have held many things in my hands,
and I have lost them all;
but whatever I have placed in God's hands,
that I still possess.
- Martin Luther -




Teach me thy way, O Lord, 
and lead me in a plain path.
- Psalm 27:11 -


Shew me thy ways, O Lord; 
teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: 
for thou art the God of my salvation; 
on thee do I wait all the day.
- Psalm 25: 4 & 5 -


Teach me thy way, O Lord; 
I will walk in thy truth: 
unite my heart to fear thy name.
- Psalm 86:11 -




Blessings and love to you
on this Lord's Day!




Happy May Day, sweet friends!


May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. 
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. 
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. 
May happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through. 
- Irish Blessing -

Sharing with:

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

36 comments:

Rozen en vlinders said...

Lovely pictures!

Libby said...

Stephanie, this is such a beautiful post! Happy May and Happy Sunday!

Mary Hutchins said...

A beautiful post as always! Happy MayDay to you and wishing you a very happy and blessed SonDay.

Debbie said...

your images are just so beautiful, warm and soft. each one made me smile!!! we are having april showers on may 1st!!!!

Debbie Harris said...

Awe... Those PINK blossoms took my breath away!! Gorgeous Stephanie, just gorgeous! You always have the prettiest of photos that grace your posts, and your Sunday posts bless my heart over and above. Thank you for sharing each and every quote with us today, they were awesome. I especially appreciated the one by Kenneth W. Osbeck, those are excellent words to ponder on. Martin Luther's quote was excellent too.
This was beautiful Stephanie, and I will be back again and again to re-read this thought provoking post.

Have a most wonderful May Day!
I love May Day :)

Love you~

Sandy said...

Beautiful post and a pleasure to read!
Sandy xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dearest Stephanie, I wish you a blessed Lord's Day and thank you for such a beautiful post! I love the beautiful pink blossoms and thank God for all the beauty He has given us. And what precious quotes by Osbeck, Ramsey, and Luther...men who have experienced drawing near to God in their lives. May we seek to be open to God and His will and be teachable and moldable each day! I wish you a glorious day and a happy May Day! Much love and sending hugs! xoxo

Cheryl said...

What an encouraging, uplifting post, sweet Stephanie! I needed this...especially Martin Luther's quote! So happy to visit with you today, dear friend. :)

Susan said...

Oh, Stephanie, what a lovely Irish proverb. Haven't heard that one before. Thanks. And yes, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could remember always to walk in HIS ways? What an improved world this would be. Susan

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Such delicate images of beautiful pink blossoms. Happy May Day dear Stephanie and have a blessed Sunday :)

Mehrll said...

Such a lovely post. The song and the thoughts you posted are great lessons to each of us to follow God's leading. How else should we want to walk if we love Him? Hugs.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Hope you are having a blessed Sunday! What a wonderful post to welcome May. I especially enjoyed the quote from Martin Luther. I need to remember that one.

Tamago said...

Such a beautiful post. I love all the photos of the beautiful blossoms! Love that black and white image with one bloom in color!
Happy May Day. (Can't believe it's already May! Time flies so fast!)

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful spring images with encouraging and wise words to live by! Happy May Day, sweet friend...hugs!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You always share the most beautiful hymns and wonderful quotes, my dearest Stephanie. I so love being inspired and rejuvenated by your Sunday posts and the gorgeous photos that accompany them. Your sweet May Day image brought a smile to my face, as did the Irish Blessing! Love to you on this beautiful day!

Bethany Carson said...

The Martin Luther quote is one of my all-time favorites! Lovely photos, quotes, and song!

Robyn said...

And Happy May Day to you, friend. A beautiful post full of inspiration!

Lisa said...

Such a lovely post! I love the quote by Martin Luther! How true it is...Only what we do for Christ withstands the test of time.

Linda Walker said...

Happy May Day to you Stephanie!
What a pretty post today! Your photos are beautiful, particularly the first one. Gorgeous blossoms, cannot wait for ours to bloom. I'm glad I stopped by for a bit of inspiration to start my week. Lovely words!
xo
Linda

Red Rose Alley said...

The pink blossom trees are so beautiful this time of year. Although, ours have already come and gone. Your Sunday posts fill my heart with gladness, my friend, and your photos are exceptional. I really admire them.

Happy May Day! Thank you for the Irish blessing, and many blessings to you, dear one.

love, ~Sheri

Mari said...

Happy May Day Stephanie! Those flowers are just gorgeous. The words are inspiring.

Consider It All Joy said...

It's been a beautifully Holy May Day here in the desert southwest. Your Lord's day posts always bless my heart! May you be blessed this new week! Cindy xo

Barbara Neubeck said...

... hello Stephanie .... I love the gorgeous pink blossoms you have used in this post ... and the verses you shared..
The Maypole picture is so pretty.. it gave me a smile... Happy May day to you, too..... hugs... Barb xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am terribly late, but during this burst of joyous growth of color, I guess tardiness doesn't matter. HAPPY MAY my dear!

Blogger Jedidja said...

Beautiful photos and biblical tekst! Love it!

Pam Richardson said...

Beautiful, sweet Stephanie! I lalways look forward to your Sunday posts of encouragement! Blessings and hugs, Pam @ Everyday Living

Dani Jeanne said...

Lovely photos, Stephanie! And such a beautiful reminder...to remember to walk in humility before the Lord and to leave everything in His hands. Thank you for sharing! :)

Dani xoxo
a vapor in the wind

Roosterhead Designs said...

Stephanie I am always so blessed when I visit! Recharged and refreshed~
And can always take with me something special. Today it will be:

I have held many things in my hands,

and I have lost them all;

but whatever I have placed in God's hands,

that I still possess.

- Martin Luther -
Hope your week goes well. I was so sorry to hear you were cancelled @ the Rockies game : / but I did wonder about that; I knew it would be a cold one! God bless, Karen O

Christine said...

Such precious words & Scriptures & truths I am still learning but we have a patient Lord & Master!
I did enjoy your photos too, dear Stephanie!
God bless in the week ahead!

Cynthia said...

Such lovely, uplifting thoughts to reflect upon. And your photographs are a perfect accompaniment.

Anne Payne said...

Lovely post, my friend!

Happy May!

{{hugs}}

Sylvia said...

Beautiful and encouraging post,Stephanie.Love the verses and photo's.

Vicky Hunt said...

So beautiful Stephanie. Your photos are stunning. What type of blooms are these? Have a lovely week sweet friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Rosemary-Thyme said...

I love this post Stephanie. Encouraging and inspiring words which are truly needed.

Happy May to you my friend. Thank you for being such a beautiful soul.

Blessings,

Janet

My thrift store addiction said...

Your photos are just stunning and I love the Psalm and quote from Martin Luther. Have a blessed week, Friend!

shortybear said...

very beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...