Sunday, June 26, 2016

He The Pearly Gates Will Open


But as it is written,
eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,
neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared 
for them that love him.
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 -




Love divine, so great and wondrous,
Deep and mighty, pure, sublime!
Coming from the heart of Jesus,
Just the same through tests of time.


Like a dove when hunted, frightened,
As a wounded fawn was I;
Brokenhearted, yet He healed me,
He will heed the sinner’s cry.


Love divine, so great and wondrous,
All my sins He then forgave!
I will sing His praise forever,
For His blood, His power to save.


In life’s eventide, at twilight,
At His door I’ll knock and wait;
By the precious love of Jesus
I shall enter Heaven’s gate.


Chorus
He the pearly gates will open,
So that I may enter in;
For He purchased my redemption
And forgave me all my sin.
- Fredrick A. Blom -




My heart is glad, I'm saved by grace,
to Christ my life I give;
And He's prepared for me a place,
where I with Him shall live.

In heaven's land, heav'ns glory land,
we'll live eternally;
Our home prepared by Christ's dear hand,
and there His face we'll see.

Heav'n has no night, Christ is light,
its sun shall ne'er go down;
There clothed we'll be in garments white,
from Christ receive a crown.

In heav'n with Christ, we'll sing with joy,
no tears our eyes will dim;
And sin shall ne'er our hope destroy ,
when  we're at home with Him.

Blessed rest with Him to live in heav'ns land
with God's own Son.
Even here His peace He'll give-
But the best is yet to come.
- N. Frykman -




Have a blessed Lord's Day,
precious friends!

Sharing with:

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

32 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Have a marvelous day, passing through my friend!

Pallavi Ashish said...

wishing you a blessed day

Terra Hangen said...

Beautiful and true words my friend, and love your hydrangeas.

Simply Linda said...

Beautiful my friend...love the hydrangea's...have a lovely day, friend.

Anne said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing, and have a blessed day.♥

Sandi said...

Lovely!

mamasmercantile said...

Uplifting, have a wonderful week. Take care.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dear Stephanie, what a precious post today given all the turmoil and uncertainty in this world. Yes, this world is not our home, and praise God we shall be with Him forever and evermore. I love the beautiful hymn I've not heard of before, and what a beautiful poem. I always love your photos. Thank you for this refreshment on this Lord's Day, dear friend! Hugs and love! xoxo

cindy shipley said...

Thank you have a great day and God bless your family and you

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh so beautiful, Stephanie, and I love d the hydrangea pictures and the wonderful quote at the end about "passing through"!
Have a blessed day with your sweet family.

Poppy said...

Such lovely words and glorious photos, Stephanie!

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead and a beautiful summer, my friend!

Hugs,
Poppy

Celestina Marie said...

This world is not my home I'm just a passing through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.
Wishing you a special week ahead dear one.
Blessings and love! xo

Debbie Harris said...

This world is not my home I'm just s passing through. Oh that is lovely and certainly keeps us looking upward and onward to our home prepared for us in heaven.
Beautiful post to go along with your photos.

Enjoying this gorgeous Lord's day.

Debbie Harris said...

This world is not my home I'm just s passing through. Oh that is lovely and certainly keeps us looking upward and onward to our home prepared for us in heaven.
Beautiful post to go along with your photos.

Enjoying this gorgeous Lord's day.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Beautiful words Stephanie. They are well received.

Thank you for keeping us uplifted.

Hugs,

Janet

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

Beautiful post. I love Jim Reeves. I listen to him on Pandora on my phone. In fact I just heard The Farmer and The Lord today :)
Take care friend, Heather

Bonnie said...

Beautiful post. Gorgeous photos, scripture, hymns and poems.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. beautiful words and photos Stephanie..
We are just passing through this life to get to heaven.. xxx
..hugs.. Barb xxxx

Mari said...

I haven't heard the Pearly Gates song for a long time. Good memories! I've had This World is not my Home in my head lately. It's so true!

Consider It All Joy said...

Sending prayers and blessed thoughts for this day and the week to come! Cindy xo

Tamago said...

Beautiful post and your flowers are divine! I hope you enjoyed lovely Sunday :-) Have a great new week ahead!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Beautiful! A lovely way to start the week. I hope yours is blessed!

Sylvia said...

Oh how true each day I am reminded that this old world is not my home!
Good post,Stephanie,have a blessed day!

Lady Linda said...

This is a post we all need right now dear one! This is sure not our home! I hope you had a lovely Sunday and I hope you have a good week ahead. You are such a delight in my life. I am glad you are back to blogging. Say hello to your mama for me. Thanks for your prayers for Hubert. He is doing a bit better, so we weill see how long the Lord lets him stay before he goes to his real home!
Love
Linda

KimM said...

What a lovely, lovely post. I read it several times. Thank you -
xxx

Debbie said...

sunday, always a special, family day!!! beautiful images!!!

Anne Payne said...

I love these hymns and sayings. During my morning devotions, I often think of an old hymn to compliment the Psalm I am reading. Have a blessed week! Hugs, my friend!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

So beautiful, my friend. I just love your Sunday posts. They are so peaceful and gentle.

love, ~Sheri

Mary E. Stephens said...

"He the Pearly Gates Will Open" is such a great hymn! The other one was not familiar to me, but the words are good too. :-)

I love snowball bushes. Happy memories of those for me. :-)

Wen Green said...

A beautiful and meaningful post, dear friend. Thank you so much! Wishing you a blessed and peaceful day, xx

Conniecrafter said...

Good Morning Stephanie, such Beautiful words of encouragement and peace that one day He will bring us to our forever home. He has lifted us up out of all the hurt and pain that sin leads to and has lifted us up in His Grace.
Beautiful pics to go with these words of hope! Have a terrific week!

Sandy said...

I am not nearly expressive as you are but my heart believes and I know what is the source of my love.
Sandy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...