Sunday, June 19, 2016

What Is A Father. . .


A father is created in God's image.

So God created man in his own image, 
in the image of God created he him.
- Genesis 1:27a -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A father is a man of honor.

Be not ashamed of thy virtues;
honor is a good brooch to wear in a man's hat at all times.
- Ben Jonson -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

He is a man of prayer.

Prayer. . .
A man stands tallest when he is on his knees.
- Unknown -




A father is not afraid 
to show love and compassion.

A father is respected because
He gives his children leadership...
Appreciated because
He gives his children care...
Valued because
He gives his children time...
Loved because
He gives his children the one thing
They treasure most - himself.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A father is full of integrity.

The just man walketh in his integrity: 
his children are blessed after him.
- Proverbs 20:7 -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

He is selfless.

True leaders are selfless.
They have always been servants of the people first.
- Unknown -




He is a man of good character.

Live in such a way,
that if someone spoke badly of you
no one would believe it.
- Unknown -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A father is the perfect teacher.

One father 
is more than a hundred schoolmasters.
- George Herbert -



He is simply. . .my father.

Dads are most ordinary men turned by love 
into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, singers of songs.
- Pam Brown -

A good father is one of the most
unsung,
unpraised,
unnoticed,
and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.
- Billy Graham -

I may be all grown up now,
but my dad will always be my hero.
He will always be a man I look up to and admire.
My father will always have a special place in my heart
and I will always need this special man in my life.
I consider it a privilege to have a father that is all the things I listed and more.
I love you, dad!

I love my father as the stars-
he’s a bright shining example 
and a happy twinkling in my heart. 
- Terri Guillemets -




Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends!
Hugs to you!

40 comments:

Rozen en vlinders said...

Wish I had a father like you ...

Simply Linda said...

Happy Father's Day to your dad and hubby (and father in law). Have a beautiful day friend.

Melanie said...

Beautiful Father's Day post. Have a blessed day.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A sweet and loving tribute to fathers, especially yours!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a sweet, endearing post to honor the very first man in your life, my friend. Love and hugs are sent to you!

Tamago said...

Such a wonderful post for Father's Day! Great quotes - I especially love the one by Pam Brown.
Happy Father's Day to dads everywhere! Hugs and kisses xoxo

hobbyloes said...

What a sweet honor for all the fathers.
Beautiful post Stephanie, Happy Fathersday!

Debbie said...

so beautiful, so thoughtful and perfect for today!! wishing your husband a very happy fathers day!!

Debbie Harris said...

Beautiful post, Stephanie.
Such an honor to father's, especially your very own who loves you two daughters dearly.
Have a beautiful day as you celebrate now with your husband, the father of your precious son and our delightful grandson. We are certainly blessed with two excellent son in laws and four handsome grandsons. :-)
Love you~~
Mom

Debbie Harris said...

THIS IS FROM DAD
That was overwhelming. I don't consider myself all of those things. Especially the teaching part :), thank you.
I love you Stephanie. I think I will now go fishing for hotdogs.

Nina said...

A lovely post, Stephanie! Your father must be so happy when reading this ~ your love to him shines through the lines!
Enjoy the month of June, your garden and the warm summer days my friend!

Polly said...

This is such a beautiful post Stephanie x

Hope said...

Dear Stephanie,

What a precious post! Thank you.

I am happy that you have your father and that he is so devoted to being one you can praise so highly.

I no longer have my father. My mother is 83; I don't know how much longer I will get to enjoy her. I talked with her today, and she just loves me so much - I am truly blessed.

God bless you and your family on this Father's Day,
♥Hope

Mrs. White said...

This is so sweet! I love it!

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

What a beautiful post! Hope the Father's in your life enjoyed their special day :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Beautiful post from a daughter to her Dad.I don't remember if my Dad was like that as he died when I was 10. But I have a husband like that who is all those things to his son.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful post for Father's Day, Stephanie. You dad sounds wonderful. Do you know what? That last quote, "I love my father as the stars" I used on one of my first posts when I started blogging six years ago. It is a very special one, isn't it?

Have a blessed week ahead, dear friend.

love, ~Sheri

Margie said...

What a wonderful tribute to fathers, Stephanie!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

A wonderful post about fathers.

Mari said...

A good Father is one of God's greatest blessings!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Stephanie, what a beautiful post celebrating Fatherhood and the meaning. Your dad is such a blessing to you and God gifted you with a great parent. I feel the same about mine and miss him everyday since he went to live in his forever home in heaven. I hope you and your sweet family enjoyed a wonderful Father's Day. Be Blessed dear friend.
xo

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Beautiful post -- You take so much time and thought with these! I love all of the quotes and verses. So grateful for a Heavenly Father who gives us all we need as well! Hope your day was grand -- thanks for all of your posts and book reviews!

Christine said...

*~CUTE...CUTE...CUTE~*

Wandering Wren said...

What a happy Happy Fathers Day post - I was lucky enough to spend the British fathers day with my Dad this year - it gets a bit complicated having the Aussie and British ones on different days!
Wren x

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Such a wonderful Father's Day post!!
Have a lovely week Stephanie :)

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful tribute.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Stephanie! I am late, but I want to wish you and your family an ongoing holiday of appreciation for one another. Much love to you!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful post, I have been blessed twice, once with a father that was all these things and then a husband that was all that to our daughter!!

Debby Ray said...

I'm sure you had a enjoyable Father's Day celebrating with your dad and the rest of your family. Beautiful post, Stephanie! :)

Camille said...

What a lovely tribute and beautiful post, Stephanie. I enjoyed all the vintage images you shared as well as the quotes. Happy Monday to you! Hugs, Camille

Roosterhead Designs said...

Awwwwe! What a wonderful tribute Stephanie!
Thank you so much for sharing~
Yes, three cheers for dad! : ) I have a wonderful one too; as I know you do.
Have a great week dear friend. I will be away for a bit - so hope to catch up after next month~
Blessings to you, Karen O

God's Grace Overflows said...

This was great! I read it to my hubby!
I hope all the dads in your life had a blessed day! :). I know my hubby and FIL did.
Enjoy your week!
Hugs, Amy

Beatrice Euphemie said...

A lovely tribute to your Father, dear Stephanie! Love the vintage images and wonderful quotes. Hugs and blessings xo Karen

Mehrll said...

Wonderful Father's Day post. Great tribute to dads.

Mildred said...

Hi Stephanie, A beautiful father's day post. God bless you and your family as we start a new week! xo

Cheryl said...

Your Dad sounds like a wonderful man! You are so blessed. I, too, was abundantly blessed with a precious Daddy. I miss him so much...it always feels so strange not to get him a Fathers Day card. I don't suppose we ever stop missing them when they are gone. God bless you, sweet friend.

Amy at love made my home said...

A wonderful celebration of fathers!

Karen@Southern Gal Meets Midwest said...

Father's are truly a blessing to all of us...thanks for sharing :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dearest Stephanie, what a beautiful tribute to your dad. I was blessed to have had a wonderful and godly dad. I loved each of wonderful attributes and quotes, along with the special Scripture passages. Praise be to God for godly men, and may God continue to raise up godly men. Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Mindy Whipple said...

What a nice tribute to your Dad Stephanie! I hope your Father's day was wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...