Friday, August 05, 2016

No Way Up - Book Review

The fight for the Cimarron Ranch
has just begun!

When Cimarron ranch patriarch Chance Boden is caught in an avalanche, 
the quick actions of hired hand Heath Kincaid save him. 
Badly injured, Chance demands that his will be read 
and its conditions be enforced immediately. 

Without anyone else to serve as a witness, 
Heath is pressed into reading the will. 
If Justin, Sadie, and Cole Boden don't live and work at home for the entire year, 
the ranch will go to their low-down cousin Mike. 

Then Heath discovers the avalanche was a murder attempt, and more danger might follow. 
Deeply involved with the family, 
Heath's desire to protect Sadie goes far beyond friendship. 
The danger keeps them close together, 
and their feelings grow until being apart is the last thing on their minds.




My Thoughts
Mary Connealy is hands down one of the best authors that I have read.
Years ago when I read a book written by her for the first time
I was instantly hooked.
Her humorous and endearing stories still grab my complete attention
and each book that I read leaves me hungry for more.
Her writing is clean with no foul language and there is no sensuality
which is something I greatly appreciate in a Christian author.
No Way Up is just as delightful as her other novels
and it is the perfect start to The Cimarron Legacy series.

Heath Kincaid is a fabulous character 
and he easily won my heart from the very first chapter.
He is kind, considerate, strong, and quirky.
Sadie is also a charming character.
She is very lovable, thoughtful of others, and has a big heart.
The connection between Heath and Sadie is quite sweet
and it was truly a pleasure to see how their friendship blossomed 
into a beautiful and meaningful relationship. 
The two of them make quite a pair
and they had me laughing often at their antics.

"Sadie charged into view with another big rock in her hand,
and three more cradled in her non-throwing arm.
Seeing her unhurt and heavily armed,
Heath almost laughed.
No time now,
but he'd get around soon enough to telling her
she was the finest woman he'd ever known."
{ No Way Up - pg. 276 }

Not only will you sigh at the tender romance and roll on the floor in uncontrollable laughter,
you will get to sit on the edge of your seat in suspense as Heath and the Boden siblings,
Cole, Justin, and Sadie,
try to figure out who attempted to kill their father. . .
and they will need to watch their backs because one of them could be next.
Romance, humor, faith, fast-paced action, and suspense from a trustworthy author,
does it get any better than that, my friends?
I think not.

A five star read.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Mary Connealy writes "romantic comedies with cowboys" 
and is celebrated for her fun, zany, action-packed style. 
She has over half a million books sold. 
She is the author of the popular series Wild at Heart, Kincaid Brides, Trouble in Texas, 
Lassoed in Texas, Sophie's Daughters, and many other books. 
Mary lives on a ranch in eastern Nebraska with her very own romantic cowboy hero. 
Learn more at www.maryconnealy.com.

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW! That is a great review and of the author as well! How fun it is to read, isn't it!!!! Good morning dear one. Happy Friday!

Melanie said...

I always enjoy your reviews. This book sounds intriguing. Thanks.

Pam Richardson said...

Stephanie, thanks for your review...I will definitely read this book. Wishing you a beautiful weekend, sweet friend! Hugs, Pam @ Everyday Living

living from glory to glory said...

This book does sound really good, as I love a good christian cowboy love story... You can send me any book you want in that category (smiles)
Hugs, Roxy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just put one of her books on hold at my library. I would love to read books by this author. Thanks for the good review!

Tamago said...

That sounds like a really good read! Book that makes us laugh is the best :-)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Thank you for your honest 5-star review of this book, Stephanie. I will be sure to look for it. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...