Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Love Made New - Book Review

Abigail Schrock knows God can make all things new, 
but does that include her broken heart?

It seems as if everyone is falling in love in Birch Creek, including Abigail Schrock. 
But when heartbreak descends on her already fragile world, 
she can’t help but feel that if she’d only been a little prettier, 
she could be on her way down the aisle. 
To make matters worse, Abigail’s two sisters have found love, 
and all Abigail can seem to find is the chocolate she has stashed away in the pantry.

Asa Bontrager has never had trouble with the ladies in his Amish community—
his good looks have always gotten him far. 
Which is why he’s baffled by the call he’s received from God to pursue Abigail, 
a woman who seems determined to turn him away.

Can Abigail find the peace and joy she so desperately desires? 
Will she allow herself to stop running 
and melt into the embrace of unforeseen comfort? 
If she does, she may discover a love powerful enough 
to restore her hope in a promising future.




My Thoughts
A Love Made New is absolutely precious.
Here is a story that deals with heartache, loss, self-hatred,
love, forgiveness, redemption, and restoration.
Kathleen Fuller takes the reader on a roller coaster ride
that ends with the characters realizing they are indeed made in God's image
and they are loved with an everlasting love.
We can beat ourselves down and convince our minds that we are not worth loving,
that the "greatest sin" we have done against God is not worth forgiving,
but alas, this is not so!
Through the lives or the characters
the author shows this beautiful message to the reader.

Kathleen takes two characters:
one who has suffered heartache and discouragement after the loss of her parents.
Because the heartache is so strong she has fallen into a hole of doubt and pain.
And one who has sinned against God and the community.
He feels his sin is so great that he has a hard time 
accepting the forgiveness of Jesus Christ and those that love him.
The transformation that takes place in these two lives
will bring tears to your eyes and a song to your heart.

A Love Made New is the third and final book in the 
Amish of Birch Creek series.
The series is about three sisters.
Each sister suffered significantly during the tragedy of their parents death
and they each tell their story from a different perspective.
We all deal with things differently 
which is shown in the lives of these young ladies. . .
the healing process is unique for each one.

You can read my reviews for book one and two by clicking on the links below.



 Again, I will say that A Love Made New is a precious book
and one that I would recommend reading.
Out of the three books, I enjoyed this one the most
with the first book coming in as second best.
While this is a series I believe you could read the third book on its own
though I would recommend reading the entire series
since several of the main characters are in all three books.

A solid 4 star read!

 ** I was given a complimentary copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers
for an honest review. 
All thoughts are my own and no other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Kathleen Fuller is the author of several bestselling novels, 
including A Man of His Word and Treasuring Emma, 
as well as a middle-grade Amish series, the Mysteries of Middlefield. 
Visit her online at www.kathleenfuller.com

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Stephanie, You do such a great job with your book reviews. I am so impressed you make the time to read real books. I start them and the computer calls me to keep up with all my blog friends. I feel as if I am on a tread mill that never ends but it is a fun journey. There is so much inspiration out there isn't there?
You are an inspiration with your sweet spirit. I enjoy hearing about your tea cup swaps and one day I want to participate. I've just gotten back from a 15 day trip and have much to share soon.
Thanks for your visit and encouragement.

Mildred said...

Hi Stephanie and happy weekend. Sounds like a very good book. Thank you for your review. Have an enjoyable evening.

Gina said...

Hi Stephanie. Your book description and review look promising. I've visited Amish country in PA and the farms are lovely - though I think I'll stick with my electricity. Xo

Anne Payne said...

Another 'solid' review! ;-) Seriously, you just get better and better. I've got a couple I need to write and several books in my TBR that I have to get to soon. Hope you're having a great weekend so far. Have a blessed Sabbath! Love you!!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

You always make the books sound so readable with your great reviews. It seems like a fun thing to review books. I have looked into it and hope to start soon.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear heart! Just coming by to see what you were up to in the literary world, and again you deliver an insightful suggestion. HAPPY SUNDAY!

Gypsy Heart said...

I am not sure how you find the time to read with everything else you do! :) I know I'm not making good use of my time but retirement does that! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

xo
Pat

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Sounds like a few books I would enjoy!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...