Friday, October 14, 2016

All Is Bright

The busyness of December can easily crowd our contemplation
of the amazing reality of God's coming to live among us as one for us.
I hope that your family will overcome the empty busyness of this season
and that all will be bright with the glory of God.
- Nancy Guthrie -




Hi, sweet friends, and happy weekend!

I have a most delightful 31-day Christmas devotional to share with you.
While it may not be Christmas 
{though it's quickly approaching}
one can never be too early when purchasing gifts for others...or yourself.

So as Nancy Guthrie says,
"Relax and retreat from the chaos of the Christmas season
by reading these short devotions and meditating on Christ as you color."




All Is Bright
Written by Nancy Guthrie
and
Illustrated by Lizzie Peterson

As December dawns, most families are busy 
putting Christmas programs and parties on the calendar,
making holiday travel plans, and purchasing gifts.
Those are all wonderful things,
but it's important to nurture a longing in our hearts and our homes
for a fresh sense of wonder that God has come to us in Jesus.

All is bright provides a short reading for every day in the month of December,
as well as a beautiful accompanying coloring page,
taking you on a creative journey of identifying with the distant longing of Israel,
listening for the angel's announcement,
and gazing at the Baby in the manger.

In the back of the book,
you'll also find the Family Activities section,
which includes kid-friendly coloring pages and conversation questions 
for the whole family that will help transform the season
into a meaningful time of devotion and discussion 
as you focus together on what God's Word says about the promise of Christ.




 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; 
for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us 
in the house of his servant David.
- Luke 1:68-69 -




All Is Bright is a must-have for your family during the Christmas season.
I fell in love with this wonderful book the moment I took it out of the box.
From its beautiful illustrations that you get to color
to the precious words and promises from the Bible,
you and your family will be blessed, encouraged, and reminded of ALL 
that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for us.

It's the perfect devotional to pull out during the evenings
as you sit by the cozy fire sipping on hot cocoa with your family.
I would encourage you to take a moment to be still. . .
to truly ponder the glorious birth of our Savior. . .
to remember WHY Jesus - our Messiah - came to earth. . .
and to look with great anticipation unto the day when our King will return.

A 10-star book
and one that I highly recommend.

** I was provided a copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers
in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received. **





 And she shall bring forth a son,
and thou shalt call his name Jesus: 
for he shall save his people from their sins.
Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled 
which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, 
and shall bring forth a son, 
and they shall call his name Emmanuel, 
which being interpreted is, God with us.
- Matthew 1: 21 - 23 -




As mentioned, there is a Family Activities section.
While the Advent season is a good time for individual reflection,
it's also a good time to instill in the children we love
a sense of anticipation for the coming of Jesus.

You will find discussion questions
and kid-friendly coloring pages for you and your young ones
to work through as you consider together the significance 
of the coming of Christ into our world.
Some pages were created to be colored and cut out -
bookmarks and ornaments to remind you of the season,
wherever you are.




Thank you for joining me today, lovely friends.
I hope you have an extra beautiful weekend.
{{{hugs}}}


40 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

I must have this. I am already feeling the stress of the holidays...how am I going to get Christmas with no job...expectations of the children to work around their schedules...expectations of family back home to be with them at Christmas. When all I want is to be still. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie.

Shoregirl said...

I love things that make me slow down and think about the "reason for the season" - things that help me to be still and worship! This looks like an excellent resource!

Terra Hangen said...

This books looks very charming and appropriate for the season and it might be fun to get it now and start the coloring now. Did you know I co-authored a book about Christmas? "A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts: Stories to Warm Your Heart and Tips to Simplify Your Holiday"?

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

What a stunning book, with lovely illustrations! I love the Christmas season and celebrating all year - the joy of the Christ Child's birth! Thank you for sharing this beautiful book for the family this Christmas!

Blessings to you, Net :)

mamasmercantile said...

Looks wonderful, the perfect addition to any family who wants to celebrate the real reason of the season. Thank you for sharing.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful Christmas gift! I love it. The author of this book really put together a wonderful presentation. I think I need to look for this. xo Diana

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a lovely idea for the month of December! A friend of mine recently sent me a coloring book on different Psalms. I have it on the kids' table and maybe tonight two of my granddaughters will choose a page to color.

BABALUCCIA said...

Wonderful
Kisses for you
New post

krishna said...

The book is so beautiful...

Elizabeth said...

Happy Friday, dear Stephanie~

I, too, received this book to review and absolutely loved it as well! The devotional readings were excellent, and the pictures to color are simply stunning! So festive and fun as well as a sweet reminder of the true celebration for the season.

Hope your weekend is lovely ♥

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

Hello Sweet Stephanie. Lovely little post today. Looks like a sweet break. It's naptime here in my daycare, so just popping over to say hello. The weather has a nice little breeze here in So Cal today, so I could not be happier. Christmas thoughts are creeping in and I have purchased a few fun goodies from CBD already, but I am just so thankful for Autumn. Tonight I get to go to the last Pneuma service of 2016 at church, and tomorrow breakfast with a new friend from Bible study, and perhaps the Farmers Market and a craft fair. Enjoy your weekend my friend.
Hugs and cup of tea,
Heather Elizabeth

Melanie said...

Just a lovely book! It looks like a wonderful tool and reminder of what Christmas is all about. Thank you for sharing this review.

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Honestly, I couldn't help looking at that lovely shortbread cookie and hot cup of tea... and wonder how could you take all those pictures and not take a bite? {smiles}

This is indeed a beautiful way to begin thinking about the birth of the Lord Jesus, and to make the season more about HIM.

Hugs to you today dear friend... I am off to make my cup of tea, and eat my shortbread cookie sent to me by my new friend Denise from the tea exchange :)

Lowcarb team member said...

A timely review. It does look excellent for the Christmas season and so nice that it is family orientated.

All the best Jan

Alex said...

What a special book it looks..it would make a lovely gift for someone with a Fall birthday.
I really hope to approach Christmas with peace and wonder uppermost in my heart, as the little extract describes. I hope we all can, and impart the peaceful feelings to our dear ones too :)
Simplicity is the way to go, I think.

Merlesworld said...

These colouring books have become very popular I see them everywhere now.
Merle.........

Debbie said...

a beautiful entry stephanie, one i can really relate to. i have been thinking about christmas all year long, as i knit many of my gifts. i like the coloring book, i bought several random, pretty, floral ones and have not colored many pictures. i feel kinda' sad i have not colored more but i am always busy doing something and i make plenty of time for knitting!!!

Cheryl said...

So beautiful, sweet friend! Thank you for sharing. Sending you love and hugs this fine and beautiful autumn day!!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Taking time to color really does force you to slow down! A cup of tea, shortbread, and a coloring book sounds like bliss! Kids and adults of all ages would love this. Hope you're doing well, my friend. Love, Deborah

Sandy said...

Truly a beautiful book!
sandy xx

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Such a lovely idea and it would make a nice gift. I recently bought myself a journalling Bible and have just started to work in it, love this concept as I have never written in my Bibles.

Simply Linda said...

Oh my goodness sweet friend...you sure bought many smiles...I just love your coloring book...I noticed the school bookstore had some, I might just have to invest in one.

Have a beautiful weekend, Stephanie.

Gina said...

Stephanie, what a lovely devotional. So creative. It is hard to believe that it will be advent soon.

Mildred said...

Very beautiful. God bless your weekend.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Thanks for sharing this book. I think a trip to the christian book store is in near future.
warmly,
deb

Oliva Ohlson said...

A great post Stephanie! I would love to get my hands on this book. A great way to stay focus on the real reason we celebrate Christ-mas!
Have a great weekend!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I just love this and will be looking for it locally so I can buy several copies! I have a dear friend that hosts a ladies coloring party so this would be so special for her. Thanks for this review!

Vee said...

It is not too early to think about Christmas and to begin gathering gifts. That way, we are not right stressed to the max by procrastinating. I have a coloring book of scripture that I sometimes work on. I am in no rush and it slows me down to think right thoughts.

camp and cottage living said...

Stephanie
It looks like a delightful book to have before the chaos of the holiday season!

Lynn Bean said...

This looks like a very lovely book! Thanks for sharing.

Consider It All Joy said...

I had a credit on Amazon - just ordered one!! I think this will be a special book to share with my grands each year as they grow! Love It! So happy you shared it! Blessings, Cindy xo

Christine said...

This looks like an ideal way to focus our hearts and minds on the Dear Saviour's Birth. The illustrations are beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing this, Stephanie!

Sara - My Woodland Garden said...

Finally a meaningful colouring book! :) There are some really beautiful ones with gardens and flowers, but I decided I don't have time for such things. This one wouldn't be only beautiful but also useful. :)
Next I must see what are journalling Bibles mentioned by Judith. They sound lovely too.
Have a blessed day, dear Stephanie!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello my friend. Any time, anywhere, is a good time to contemplate the coming and the presence of Christ. And in this strange cultural climate we live in, all the more refreshing are the words of our Lord. PEACE and beauty to you!

hobbyloes said...

It looks like a special and very nice book and a great Christmas gift.

Laura Lane said...

What an insightful review. I love that it points us to Jesus. Well done sweet lady!

Conniecrafter said...

Always good to have something to help us keep our focus on the most important and that is Jesus coming to this world to save us!! I found a book at walmart with verses and great quotes focused on God, great uplifting and it is fun to color them! Hope you enjoy the activities with your sweet family :)

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous Christmas coloring book, and I love Nancy Guthrie. It's so beautiful, and I love how beautifully she has presented the Christmas story both in word and image! Stunning, Stephanie, and thanks for sharing this. Hugs!

Red Rose Alley said...

These coloring books are so delightful, aren't they? This one sounds wonderful with many activities in the book. Thank you for reminding me to focus on the real and true meaning before the Christmas season begins.

love, ~Sheri

Ashley~ said...

Awesome idea! I love to color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...