Saturday, October 08, 2016

Tangled Webs - Book Review

Dear friends,
won't you join me as I walk along this wooded pathway. . .




There is a nip in the air,
but it's oh-so-crisp and refreshing.

As we continue our journey we're going to come upon a darling little cabin
tucked away amongst all the golden trees.




And what's this?
A glorious lake that is just the right size
for rowing around in a sweet little row boat.




The book I'm about to share with you takes place 
in the woods. . .
in a cabin. . .
by a lake. . .

You never know what could happen 
when you're all alone and surrouned by nothing but water and trees.




Tangled Webs
by
Irene Hannon

After a disastrous Middle East mission ends his six-year Army Ranger career, 
Finn McGregor needs some downtime. 
A peaceful month in the woods sounds like the perfect way to decompress. 
But peace isn't on the agenda once he crosses paths with publishing executive Dana Lewis, 
a neighbor who is nursing wounds of her own. 
Someone seems bent on disrupting her stay 
in the lakeside cabin she inherited from her grandfather. 
As Finn and Dana work together to discover who is behind the disquieting pranks, 
the incidents begin to take on a menacing tone. 
And when it becomes apparent Dana's foe may have deadly intent, 
Finn finds himself back in the thick of the action--ready or not.

Bestselling author Irene Hannon draws readers into a web of psychological suspense 
where danger lurks in dark corners . . . and keeps them captive until the very last page.




My Thoughts
Tangled Webs is the third and final book in the Men of Valor series.
The series is about the three McGregor brothers 
and the final book shares Finn's story who is the youngest brother.

There was really no mystery involved in Tangled Webs,
but there was plenty of suspense.
It does not take long to meet the villain
and it's soon recognized that he will do whatever it takes to get what he wants
even if it means going to the extreme to get rid of two people, Dana and Finn,
who are encroaching upon his space.
He's like a Jack-in-the-box that's been wound up too tight. . .
you don't know when he's going to spring into action.

Both Finn and Dana are wonderful characters
with incredibly likable personalities.
The minute they met
{which was under "unusual" circumstances}
I felt their connection. . .
a connection that grows throughout the book in a believable and sweet way.
Both are dealing with past pain and trials
yet through their struggles they find healing and hope.

I was truly amazed by the complex character of the local sheriff.
His character is the perfect example of  how one bad choice 
can take you down a long and dark road. . .
As secrets begin to unfold will the sheriff remain a friend
or will he become a deadly foe?

It was a delight to catch up with Mac and Lance McGregor - the other two brothers.
I love how Irene portrays the brothers and their unbreakable bond.
Their interaction with one another reminds the reader of the blessing of family.
You can read about Mac and Lance in the first two books
Buried Secrets and Thin Ice.

Tangled Webs was an enjoyable read
and certainly one that kept me up late at night because I couldn't put the book down.
The Men of Valor series is a great trilogy and one I would recommend reading
if you enjoy mystery, suspense, and romance.
Each book is uniquely its own and by that I mean Irene Hannon does an excellent job 
of writing a very different story for each brother.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Revell Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Irene Hannon is the bestselling and award-winning author of more than fifty novels,
including Buried Secrets and Thin Ice,
as well as the Heroes of Quantico, Guardians of Justice, and Private Justice series.
In addition to many other honors, s
he is a seven-time finalist for and three-time winner
of the prestigious RITA Award from Romance Writers of America.
She is also a member of RWA's elite Hall of Fame.
Learn more at www.irenehannon.com.

15 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Oh this one sounds fun! I love a great suspense novel. They are difficult to put down. :)

NanaDiana said...

That sounds like a GOOD BOOK, Steph(anie). I am adding it to my list of books to read this winter when the snow sets in. Hope you are having a wonderful fall. xo Diana

Chris Lally said...

You had me at "darling little cabin." Great photos & book review. It's on the list. Thanks, Stephanie!

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

Very nice review and lovely woods. Thank you for sharing my friend. Enjoy your weekend. ~Heather

Anne Payne said...

Well, you have outdone yourself on this review, Stephanie! Such lovely images to give us a peek into the story!!! And the review...my but I want to read this series! It's been ages since I read one of Irene Hannon's books. I just have to find a copy at our local library. The one we have is pretty small and they don't carry much Christian fiction. :(

Have a blessed weekend, sweet girl! Love you :-)

MELODY JACOBS said...

nice
http://www.melodyjacob.com/

Manu said...

Oh this place is lo wonderful!
Love

Tamago said...

That sounds a great book! I have some books that kept me up late in the night because I had to read " one more page" so many times :-)
Love your photos of the path, wood, lake - such beautiful sceneries!

Christine said...

Hello Stephanie! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful fall Saturday maybe walking in a lovely woods or by a lake! It looks so inviting!
The novel sounds like my kind of read! Thank you for your perceptive review!

Elizabeth said...

Hello, dear Stephanie! I truly enjoyed this post, my friend! What a beautiful spot in the woods...how I love being out in nature and admiring all the beauty of creation! The peaceful serenity is always a plus too {{smiles}}

This book sounds like quite a lovely, exciting read! I shall be on the lookout for the books in this series as I am out in book shops. Thank you for your always lovely book reviews!

Hope your Sunday is beautiful and blessed ♥ Sending love and hugs!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest Stephanie! These photos are calling my name. Yesterday, we went on a walk not far from our home at a natural reserve. We saw and heard the most lovely birds, walked on a floating bridge over a marsh, and listened to the tangled webs of nature.

Pea bea said...

Have always loved to read, and suspense thrillers were usually at the top of my list. I enjoy traveling in a fictional world. This one sounds likeable in the fact that it sounds like it has characters that would tear at the heart as well as having the suspense impact. Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed. :)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

A great book revieww Stephanie. Loved your beautiful images. How lovely to walk through those wonderful wooded areas and the lake looks so peaceful.
Have a glorious week :)

Sandy said...

Now this sounds like a book I could really sink my teeth into! Thanks for a great review!!
sandy xx

Irene Hannon said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this, Stephanie. Thank you for the wonderful review!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...