Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thank You, Lord


Thanks be unto God 
for his unspeakable gift.
- 2 Corinthians 9:15 -




Some thank the Lord for friends and home,
For mercies sure and sweet;
But I would praise Him for His grace -
In prayer I would repeat

Some thank Him for the flow'rs that grow,
Some for the stars that shine;
My heart is filled with joy and praise
Because I know He's mine.

I trust in Him from day to day,
I prove His saving grace;
I'll sing this song of praise to Him
Until I see His face.

Chorus:
Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul,
Thank you, Lord, for making me whole;
Thank you, Lord, for giving to me
Thy great salvation so rich and free.
- Seth and Bessie Sykes -




In every thing give thanks: 
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 -




My dear friends, the Thanksgiving season has come and gone,
but may our gratitude live on each and every day.
Thanksgiving is not merely a day to be observed once a year. . .
for the Christian is must be a way of daily living.


Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, 
make known his deeds among the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, 
talk ye of all his wondrous works.
Glory ye in his holy name: 
let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.
Seek the Lord and his strength, 
seek his face continually.
Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, 
his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth
 Sing unto the Lord, all the earth; 
shew forth from day to day his salvation.
Declare his glory among the heathen; 
his marvellous works among all nations.
For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised: 
he also is to be feared above all gods.
 O give thanks unto the Lord; 
for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
- 1 Chronicles 16:8-12, 23-25, 34 -




This lovely little lady is Miss Evangeline.
Since I was sharing a post on thankfulness 
I thought it was the perfect time to share how I received her.

Kim, a sweet blogging friend whom I've known for only a short time,
celebrated her 60th birthday back in March.
As a way to celebrate her special year 
she decided to send out 60 random acts of kindness during this year.
I was surprised and thrilled to find Miss Evangeline waiting for me at the Post Office
and when I found out that I was one of her random acts of kindness
well, I was honored and amazed.
Miss Evangeline is simply the sweetest little thing
and yes, that's a tiny teddy bear that she's holding.
Darling, isn't it!

and she has a page where she documented every random act of kindness
that she sent out during 2016
You can view the page by clicking here.

I am very thankful the Lord allowed Kim and I to meet through blogging
not because I received a gift {though I do love Evangeline},
but because I found a  sweet Sister in the Lord.
Kim is a blessing to many people 
and it's a privilege to say that I have been blessed by her.

As many of you know,
blogging friends are very special and truly amazing.
Please know that I am incredibly thankful for all of you.




Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends.
Hugs and joy to you!

19 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Good Sunday morning, my dear friend.
Such a lovely post to start my day!
What a wonderful friend, and such a lovely idea!!!
I may use that for my 50th... In a few years. : )
Have a cozy day with your lovely family.

KimM said...

Good morning, Stephanie - What a beautiful post and such a sweet way to share Evangeline. I am truly blessed to have met you through our blogs. Take care, my friend - and have a blessed week.
xxx

hobbyloes said...

You always have lovely poems on the Lord's day.
And Evangeline, she is beautiful and brillant, the chair fits very well with her.
Have a blessed week too.

Debbie Harris said...

What a blessed post! Evangeline is quite a lady in her darling rocking chair with that adorable teddy bear.
I love her idea of sharing random gifts of love for her 60th, many may take her idea and bless others too, for its a wonderful idea.

Enjoy your day~~

Debbie said...

i am a huge fan of random acts of kindness - especially when done with no expectation of reward or acknowledgement!!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love how Kim celebrated her 60th...what a wonderful idea! I am turning 60 in January and now I have something to think about...how can I celebrate and do something nice for other?! Thanks for sharing this story and for the lovely Sunday posts each week.

Elizabeth said...

A lovely, lovely post my friend! Oh, how true it is to not only have a grateful heart and remember the many gifts, blessings and good things the Lord has done for us at Thanksgiving, but every day of the year. What a truly beautiful message you shared this day!!

And, my, what a precious doll you have there. What a special way for Kim to spend and celebrate her birthday in such a beautiful way! Miss Evangeline (I LOVE her name!!) is a beauty. Our neighbor and friend, who is more like family to us, loves to collect dolls and has quite a collection. She is always showing us the newest member of her doll family that she found at an estate sale or antique shop. Would she love to see Miss Evangeline!

Wishing you a beautiful day, dear Stephanie! Hope these last few days of November are lovely for you ♥

With love and joy,
Libby

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love the hymn that you shared at the beginning of your post, my sweet friend. Yes, we must give thanks to Our Lord in all things, even through suffering and sadness.
Your sweet Evangeline is just so dear in her rocking chair, holding a teddy bear. What a wonderful idea of RAOK from Kim, in sharing from her heart.
Love and blessings to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Miss Evangeline looks most pretty sitting there ...
Good wishes to you Stephanie

All the best Jan

Margie said...

I agree that blogging friends are the best! I may have to borrow Kim's RAK idea for my milestone birthday.

Karen said...

Thank You Lord for Saving My Soul...I have known that chorus since childhood but had never heard the verses. I am thrilled to learn them. I am thankful for you, Stephanie, and your beautiful and encouraging posts. Have a wonderful week.

Tamago said...

I love the idea of sixty random acts of kindness! How sweet and kind of your friend Kim! Miss Evangeline is very pretty and the little teddy bear is adorable :-)
I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Have a great new week (and December!) ahead!

Cindy said...

Love 1 Chronicles 16! And your Evangeline is adorable! What a fun, thoughtful gift!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a GENEROUS and wonderful thought, to celebrate a milestone birthday by giving to others. I LIKE THAT! And the doll, she is precious!!!!!! Good morning dearest!

Sandy said...

I am thankful to have a friend like you - you bring such wonderful thoughts and sun light when you posts. Always positive and always gracious.
What a wonderful idea Kim had with her random acts of kindness. Miss Evangeline is so sweet - a treasure.
Sandy xx

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful words of thanks, I have had a thankful journal for the past two years and after doing my morning devotion I write down 3 things I am thankful for, I think it is a great way to start off the day.
That was so sweet of Kim to send that out and a great idea to do also!
May you have a blessed week and I am thankful for our friendship also

Sara - My Woodland Garden said...

Hello, sweet Stephanie! :)
Your wreaths (in the post above), the big and small ones, are simply gorgeous.
I leave my comment here today, because I so enjoyed this post. The images and words are lovely, as always, and this time I spent more time thinking of the words... and languages. I started to "taste" the word "unspeakable". (Even though English is not my own language, for me it's a very biblical language, perhaps because of the many occasions I have heard it used for simple and beautiful testimonies.) It's one of my favourite words, together with "ever-lasting", "unchanging" etc. :)
So thank you for sharing with us this moment of devotion.
Blessings and hugs!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Thank you, for such a lovely post. I never knew that there were verses to that chorus. Thanks for sharing. Hugs

Red Rose Alley said...

Miss Evangeline is just darling, Stephanie. She looks sweet sitting on the rocking chair. What a thoughtful gift from your blog friend. Yes, our blog friends are very special, indeed. They give us comfort, inspiration, caring, and most of all love. I'm so thankful for you too, Stephanie. :)

~Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...