Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Love Letter

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God 
with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, 
and with all thy mind, 
and with all thy strength: 
this is the first commandment.
- Mark 12:30 -


A joyful hello to you, my dear friends and readers.
Today I have another delightful Valentine's Day tutorial
and it's one that brings a smile to my face. . .
I hope it does the same to you :)




For this charming fabric envelope you will need:

2 pieces of fabric that are 6-inches wide and 11-inches long

fusible fleece that is 5 1/5-inches wide and 10 1/2-inches long

metal snaps

embellishments

As you can see I used two contrasting pieces of fabric.
The soft pink gingham will be the lining
while the floral fabric will be used for the outside of the envelope.




Fold both the lining and outer fabric in half
and trim off the corners.




You should have a nice point
for the envelope.




Trim the corners on the fusible fleece as well.
Iron on the fusible fleece to the back side of the main fabric.
The reason the fleece is smaller than the outer fabric 
is so that it's not bulky when you fold the envelope together.




Place the two pieces of fabric with right sides together
and pin into place.




Sew along the edges with a 1/4-inch seam allowance
and make sure you leave a small opening!




Pull the envelope through the opening
and with a dull but pointy object push out the corners.
Press with a hot iron.

Sew on the metal snap.
One part will go at the top. . .
make sure you don't get it too close to the edge
since you still need to top stitch around the edges.




The second part will go on the bottom half of the envelope.
Measure it out and make sure it's in the center
and that the top snap reaches the lower snap.




Fold up the bottom half of the envelope
and pin into place.
Top stitch along the sides and top. . .
top stitching will also take care of the opening you used
 to pull the envelope out.




As you can see 
I used a fun little stitch on my edges.




Now for the sweet heart that will fill your envelope.
I used soft swirl/minky fabric for my heart, 
but you can use whatever kind of fabric your heart desires.

I simply folded the fabric in half with right sides facing each other
and traced a small heart {about 3-inches in size}
onto the back side of the fabric.




Then I sewed along the line
and left a small opening to pull it right side out.




Before I turned it right side out
I trimmed the heart around the seam.




Once it's been pulled right side out
simply fill with batting.




And sew up the opening.




I added a pink rose to the center of the heart.




For the fabric flower on the envelope I folded a 2-inch x 10-inch strip of fabric 
and sewed a gathering stitch along the edge.




I also used a shabby rose and sparkly bead for the center.




And that's it, lovely friends!
You now have yourself a sweet little love letter.




Take that sweet little heart. . .




and tuck it inside the fabric envelope. . .




for a special surprise for a loved one or dear friend.




And the delightful thing about these fabric envelopes is that
they can be used for other things such as holding your money, 
keeping your chapstick/lipstick from rolling around in your purse,
holding business cards, rewards card, etc,
and oh, so many other things.




I hope you're able to make a few of these little lovelies.
They are sure to bless and cheer your friends and family.




I have one envelope available in my shop
which you can see by clicking here:

And speaking of my Etsy shop. . .
I just listed a few new items made with the fabric 
that you see in the background of my photos.
Isn't it lovely!




There is also a new line of tea cozies available.




I also recently listed a few more surprise/mystery boxes
with a slight twist.
The four boxes available are as follows:

Pink Mystery Box
where everything has a pink theme.

Tea Theme Mystery Box
where everything is tea related.

Heart Mystery Box
where everything has to do with hearts.

Random Mystery Box
where you will get a lovely selection of goodies.

These boxes are valued at $50.00
but you can purchase them for only $25.00
and that includes free shipping in the USA.




As always,
it's a sweet blessing to have you visit.
May your week be extra beautiful!

Love and hugs to you!

47 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Sweet Stephanie, that is one darling envelope. I keep saying that one day when I retire I am going to do projects such as this. But right now you know I am CRAZY trying to clean out that room of mine! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kate said...

You have such creative ideas and excellent tutorials - many thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Simply beautiful friend. Thank you for sharing.

Dianna said...

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to stop by the blog and leave me such a warm welcoming back to the blogging community. :-)

You always have such beautifully done tutorials. This one is just beautiful.

The food pictures on your sidebar are making me hungry. Each one looks amazing!

hobbyloes said...

The beautiful envelop and sweet heart is a good idea for Valentine.
Your lovely hands made this so nice.

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Oh Stephanie, such a darling little gift to make! I am so inspired by your tutorials, and I have some lovely fabric gifted to me by the sweet Barbara, that I hope to get busy in the next week or two and try my hand at some of your tutorials. This little heart package has just really inspired me, I can see so many possibilities for it! Your tutorials are always so easy to understand and follow! Hugs to you today dear friend :)

Sheryl S. said...

Such a pretty envelope, perfect for Valentine´s Day. I´m sure a lot of bloggers will make these for the special day.

Kelly-Anne said...

How perfectly darling is this fabric envelope? Simply gorgeous, dear Stephanie and ideal for Valentine's day... I must remember this sweet tutorial, I'd love to try it sometime!
And what pretty items you have in your Etsy shoppe...my, but you've been busy lately! {{smiles}}
Hugs always!

Marilyn Mathis said...

This envelope is beautiful and thanks so much for posting the instructions. Love all the lovely things that you post. Hugs.

Sylvia said...

That little envelope and heart are so cute! You are so talented and it must take a lot of patience to make them.
Hope you are having a blessed day!

Sylvia

le creazioni di Dò said...

Your fabric envelope is the sweetest idea I 've seen !
With joy,
Franca
Le Creazioni di Dò

Chris Lally said...

Lovely tutorial - how generous of you to share! Bet there will be lots of people who will be thrilled to receive these creative envelopes. What an wonderful gift!
Thank you, Stephanie!

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for sharing. You have a gift! I thank you for making me smile too.
Have a blessed day!
Carla

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

All kinds of wonderful things could be tucked in these envelopes and I'm thinking they would be a hit with grandchildren if a gift card or some was inside.
xx

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, these are so cute. You know, I have a thing for fur hehehe. When I saw the Pink fur heart I smiled. :) That soft pink fabric is so pretty too. It looks so vintage. These fabric envelopes are a great idea for Valentine's Day. You can put different goodies inside. You are such a talented seamstress, and you sew everything with a touch of love.

~Sheri

Debbie Harris said...

Once again, you have graced us with a sweet tutorial! I just love those envelopes (can't wait to receive the one I purchased) I know I will enjoy it. :)
That material used as your backing in the photos is darling!
I too can see many uses for those envelopes.
You are kind to share your with others your creations, Stephanie.♡

I hope you are having a terrific day!
Love you

Vee said...

You're at it again! What a darling envelope! It would make a nice sachet, too.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your little fabric envelope is just darling, Stephanie, and I love your choice of fabric, and your sweet embellishments. I have made similar ones, but a little larger, to hold baby wipes, along with a matching changing pad. They make nice gifts for newborn babies. I need to get into my sewing room and make some pretty creations. As always, you've inspired me! Love and blessings are sent to you.

Marcia said...

Indeed WITH ALL. <3
A joyful hello to you, dearest Stephanie. LOVE the cheerful colors of your fabric here, another pretty project.
Thank you for stopping by and sharing a cup of stillness with me. <3
xo

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful as all of your makes always are! You are such a talented sewer and crafter and it is so kind of you to share your tutorials with us too. I am sure that anyone would love one of these.

Wanda said...

How precious. You are such a great teacher. I know those "crafty" gals on your blog will be making these for Valentines Day.

Thanks for stopping by.....I hope your soup was good and tasty.

Sending Hugs.

Simply Linda said...

Always a delight my friend. Have a beautiful rest of the week, Stephanie.

Danielle Marie said...

I adore this so much! You have such a lovely blog!

Gina said...

Stephanie, you are so creative! Love your fabric choices with your sweet envelops!

Margie said...

Your fabric envelope is too cute! I'm also loving your pretty tea cozies, particularly the yellow one!

Karen said...

What a great idea, and so pretty. This reminds me that Grandma helped me make a pretty fabric 'change purse' when I was young to carry my lunch money to school.

Cheryl said...

OH, my! How very pretty! You make it look so easy, my friend, and I just enjoy letting you do the creating and purchasing little goodies from you!! So thankful to know you and have your sweet presence in my life. :) You are such a dear blessing to us all!

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet, sweet idea, Stephanie. Those are just darling and the little heart and flower just add to the cuteness of the whole little envelope. Love it. You did a great tutorial, too. xo Diana

Kim said...

Well hello back, sweet Stephanie; a visit to your pretty place always put a smile in my day! Another scrumptious Valentine's pretty; so, so beautiful. I must say I am loving your tea cosies. Just perfect for keeping the tea in the teapot percolating away ever so warmly.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a joy to visit. A beautiful love envelope and a great tutorial. Have a great day.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

You are so talented, Steph - and you make it seem easy when I know that it is not (for peeps like me!)

Hugs! ♥



Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THAT is the most darling gift.....the fuzzy heart! Oh Stephanie, simply charming!

JES said...

This is just lovely! So many ways you can use this. Thank you! :)

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

This is absolutely adorable, Stephanie! You always manage to create the most darling items and this fabric envelope is no exception! Love the easy to follow tutorial, too!

Mary Hutchins said...

Very sweet envelope, your are very talented. Hope you have a very blessed and happy day!!

Pea bea said...

I've been needing something to sew, and this is perfect. I have notes that hubby and I use to write to each other when we dated in HS, and letters back and forth when first married. What a lovely keepsake this would be to encase them, and then someday maybe share with my children. You are so clever with your photography, graphics, and crafts. So glad I met you on this virtual atmosphere. :)

Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

Tamago said...

Awww this is the sweetest love letter ever! Using fabric for envelop is a great idea. And the little heart inside is just too cute :-) It'll make anyone who receives the letter smile big!

Debbie said...

beautiful, really special!!! i think i should make one for the hubs, for valentines day, and include a gift card for his favorite restaurant. which happens to be mine as well!!

Conniecrafter said...

Your lovely envelope is just perfect to give away that sweet heart pillow and love your flower for accenting the envelope, you have such fresh and beautiful ways to give a present and they are presents unto themselves.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend with your family!

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing this sweet project! Your tutorials are always so easy to follow and beautifully created. I enjoyed perusing your Etsy shop. You have added so many lovely new items!

Mrs.T said...

Just beautiful, Stephanie! I have fabric that would be perfect for making some of these. Just need to find the time. Thanks for so generously sharing these tutorials. You are a blessing!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely creations. Your choice of fabric and embellishments is always so special.

Mildred said...

Hi Stephanie,
As always, a lovely and precise tutorial. Oh how creative you are. This is a fun time of the year looking forward to Valentine's Day on these cold, winter days. Want to let you know I have started a new blog, a photo a day for 2017, and hope you will visit when it is convenient. My name on this comment hopefully will take you there. God bless you and your family this weekend.

krishna said...

The fabric envelop is so lovely..

Deborah Montgomery said...

What a sweet little project! and such a versatile item, as it can be filled with so many things. I like Judith's idea of putting a gift card in as a gift to someone special. Or tea bags! Love your pretty embellishments, too. xo Deborah

Sandra said...

I love your tutorial on the fabric envelope. I will want to give this a try. Also love how you embellished and added the sweet heart. Great to make one to keep and another for a gift. Always love to find special ways to use those fancy stitches on our sewing machines.

Lowcarb team member said...

So beautiful Stephanie, and your images show it so well

All the best Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...