Sunday, February 26, 2017

Blessed Assurance

Beware of  despairing about yourself.
You are commanded to put your trust in God,
and not in yourself.
- St. Augustine -




Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! 
O what a foretaste of glory divine! 
Heir of salvation, purchase of God, 
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood. 

Perfect submission, perfect delight, 
visions of rapture now burst on my sight; 
angels descending bring from above 
echoes of mercy, whispers of love. 

Perfect submission, all is at rest; 
I in my Savior am happy and blest, 
watching and waiting, looking above, 
filled with his goodness, lost in his love. 

Chorus:
This is my story, this is my song, 
praising my Savior all the day long; 
this is my story, this is my song, 
praising my Savior all the day long. 
- Fanny J. Crosby -




 Behold, God is my salvation; 
I will trust, and not be afraid: 
for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; 
he also is become my salvation.
- Isaiah 12:2 -


 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, 
that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; 
if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
- Romans 8:16 -17 -




 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, 
that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
- Romans 15:13 -


Looking for that blessed hope, 
and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, 
and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
- Titus 2:13-14 -




The Scriptures teach that we can know with absolute confidence
that we have the life of God within us.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; 
that ye may know that ye have eternal life, 
and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:13 -

This confidence is not based on inner feelings or outer signs.
Rather, this assurance is founded upon the promises 
of a faithful God and His inspired Word.
It depends not on the amount of our faith
but on the object of our faith - Christ Himself.
- Kenneth W. Osbeck -




My dear friends,
if you have accepted Christ as your personal Savior,
live with the absolute conviction and triumphant faith
that the apostle Paul had when he exclaimed-
"...for I know whom I have believed."




Have a blessed and joyous Lord's Day!
{{ hugs }}

35 comments:

Mary Hutchins said...

Thank you for another beautiful post. Hope your day is happy and blessed.

Karen said...

Thank you for this encouragement today. The rose bouquet is so pretty.

Sandi said...

Blessed Assurance... I love that song!

krishna said...

Another beautiful.. love it..

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Thank GOODNESS it's not based on what we can ever achieve. Our role is to believe, believe to the point of transformation, and to LOVE one another. The latter will keep us occupied for the rest of our days. OH Lord Jesus, MERCY!

Dots said...

Another beautiful post. Your selection of pictures are breathtakingly beautiful. I enjoy what you write. I so appreciate this from you. Thanks.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Gorgeous roses and a beautiful blog. Yes our assurance rests not on our feelings or signs, but on the unfailing Son of God. Thank you for your beautiful thoughts. Hugs.

Debby Ray said...

One of my favorite hymns of all time, beautifully illustrated with your lovely rose photos! Have a blessed week, dear Stephanie! ♥

Simply Linda said...

Another beautiful Sunday post, friend. smiles

annie said...

Lovely!
Yes!

Lowcarb team member said...

Great words, and the roses are so beautiful.

All the best Jan

mamasmercantile said...

Such a joy to visit, the pictures are stunning. Uplifting.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Blessings to you today and for the upcoming week. I hope you are well!

Mari said...

Such a beautiful old song, and a wonderful promise! Thanks for another great post!

Chris Lally said...

You had me at the first quote! Lovely post - my new favorite. And your photographs - just wonderful! Thanks, Stephanie!

Vee said...

Amen! Tell it to me again...

Debbie Harris said...

I believe this is one of the prettiest posts you've shared with us, my those roses are GORGEOUS!!
I love that hymn and your choice of Scripture verses are wonderful,just wonderful.

Than you for sharing your beauty with us ♡

I trust that you enjoyed a beautiful Lord's day~

Cheryl said...

I hope you had a lovely Lord's Day, sweet friend. This is such a precious post! I love this beautiful, old hymn...oh, thank the dear Lord for the blessed assurance that Jesus is mine!! And, to know that He will walk with each one of us every step of the way. Sending you love and hugs!!

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Oh the love of the Lord! What blessed assurance that we have in Him! Such a joyous and beautiful post you have shared dear Stephanie! Those roses are simply beautiful, and your pictures full of light and love! Hugs to you today dear friend :)

Esther Asbury said...

What beautiful pictures to go along with one of my favorite hymns!

Creations By Cindy said...

I am so grateful for blessed assurance! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sandy said...

You always make me pause and remember to say thanks -- those roses are are so very gorgeous!
Thank you Stephanie!!
Sandy xx

Linda Walker said...

Stephanie,
Perfectly lovely my friend...blessings!
xo
Linda

Jill said...

Absolutely beautiful post! I would love to participate with the tea cup exchange and was following the links on your other post and never found the form to actually participate. Would it be possible to send me that link? Thanks so much Stephanie! I hope you have a lovely afternoon.

Blessings,
Jill

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a beautiful post, sweet friend, with a wonderful hymn, lovely, meaningful scripture and gorgeous roses. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Love and hugs....

Dianna said...

Such a beautiful and uplifting post, Stephanie. The pictures are exquisite and the verses you've chosen are so perfect to go with Blessed Assurance...one of my very favorite hymns. My favorite verse from what you've shared is Titus 2:13-14. My desire is that when He, the Blessed Hope, comes He will find me watching for Him.

Anne Payne said...

Sweet Friend, This post has blessed me and encouraged me in my trust in the Lord! Thank you for sharing these particular Scriptures and quotes. Many blessings to you, dear one! {{hugs}}

Conniecrafter said...

Love this song, and yes I am so thankful that he is with us every step of the way in everything we do, such a blessing! Not because of anything I have done but because of Him and his love for us all.
A happy week to you ahead :)

Debbie said...

your thoughts and images are really beautiful!!!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wonderful posts and beautiful quotes. I really like the St. Augustine one, because it is succinct.

Annesphamily said...

Oh My Goodness! Blessed Assurance is one of my most favorite hymns. At church one SONday they did a beautiful arrangement of this and I was reduced to tears of such joy. Thank you for sharing this. Hugs, Anne

Red Rose Alley said...

Your roses and the music sheet and the sweet verses.....all are perfect for the Lord's Day. These pictures are beautiful.

love, ~Sheri

Sandra said...

I was very moved when I saw this post last Sunday. What you don't know is that we sang "Blessed Assurance" at my mom's memorial service the day before, Saturday February 25. Reading your post literally assured me of what my mom's faith was all about which is a comfort to all of us during this time of grief. We miss her so much but rejoice that she is in heaven. Thank you Stephanie for sharing this beautiful hymn. 💜

Linda Shukri said...

Thanks, Stephanie, for an uplifting post! :-)

Free Pretty Things For You said...

I needed this :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...