Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Love Of God

O love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee.
I give Thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine ocean depths its flow,
May richer, fuller be.
- George Matheson -




The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen can ever tell,
It goes beyond the highest star and reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care, God gave His Son to win:
His erring child He reconciled and pardoned from his sin.

When years of time shall pass away and earthly thrones and kingdoms fall,
When men, who here refuse to pray, on rocks and hills and mountains call,
God's love so sure shall still endure, all measureless and strong:
Redeeming grace to Adam's race - the saints' and angels' song.

Could we with ink the ocean fill and were the skies or parchment made,
Were ev'ry stalk on earth a quill and every man ascribe by trade,
To write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll contain the whole tho stretched from sky to sky.

Refrain:
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure-
The saint's and angels' song.
- Frederick M. Lehman -




"If I forget, yet God remembers!
If these hands of mine cease from their clinging, yet the hands divine
Hold me so firmly that I cannot fall;
And if sometimes I am too tired to call
For Him to help me, then He reads the prayer
Unspoken in my heart, and lifts my care.

God, Thou art love! I build my faith on that.
I know Thee who has kept my path, and made
Light for me in the darkness, tempering sorrow
So that it reached me like a solemn joy;
It were too strange that I should doubt Thy love."
- Robert Browning -




Oh, if there's only one song I can sing,
When in His beauty I see the great King,
This shall my song in eternity be.
"Oh what a wonder that Jesus loves me!"
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me.
I am so glad that Jesus love me,
Jesus loves even me.
- Philip Bliss -


And hope maketh not ashamed; 
because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts 
by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
- Romans 5:5 -




As the Father hath loved me, 
so have I loved you: 
continue ye in my love.
- John 15:9 -


Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, 
shall be able to separate us from the love of God, 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 8:39 -


Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us
that we should be called the sons of God: 
therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
- 1 John 3:1 -


Though our feelings come and go,
God's love for us does not. 
- C. S. Lewis -




Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: 
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
- Jeremiah 31:3 -


Have a blessed Lord's Day, friends!

39 comments:

Simply Linda said...

Another lovely post, friend. Hope your Sunday is a beautiful one. smiles

Melanie said...

Stopping by to wish you a lovely Sunday.

Karen said...

This is just lovely, Stephanie. Thank you for sharing God's Word in such a beautiful way. (I'll bet that candle smells heavenly!) Have a great Sunday.

NanaDiana said...

As beautiful as always, Stephanie. I hope you have a blessed, wonderful Sunday. xo Diana

KimM said...

A beautiful, heartfelt post. Thank you for the uplifting words.
xxx

weekend-windup said...

Beautiful candle! I had a wonderful Sunday!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Stephanie, I love the Pink Petal Tea Cake candle!

Pam Richardson said...

Stephanie, beautiful scriptures and songs...how wonderful to know the Father's love. The Love of God is one of my favorites...Happy Sunday and hugs sweet friend❤

krishna said...

another beautiful post.. love to read it..

Mildred said...

Dear Stephanie, This is just a precious post. Such beautiful Bible verses, hymn lyrics and poems. I love the colorful, vintage Valentine and the candle. Wishing you and your family a blessed Sunday and a lovely Valentine's Day. xoxo

Debbie Harris said...

Aww... what a beautiful and soothing post, both in word and picture. I felt as if I could smell the aroma of that pretty pink candle through the screen of my tablet.
" Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God." Shortly after I gave my life to Christ I was at a women's conference and I learned a song with those words in it and have never forgotten it. Still today I will sing that song and find great joy in my heart.
I am humbled when I think of the love God has for me. Oh the love of God...

You have blessed my heart here today ♡

Deborah Montgomery said...

Lovely, dear Stephanie. How wonderful to think that our Lord loves us so, and that He doesn't change, no matter how we feel. Such a comfort in that. Your pictures make a pretty backdrop to the beautiful words. xo Deborah

Paiges Pages said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for taking your time to share this post, how sweet! <3
[[hugs]]

Mrs.T said...

Beautiful post and photos, Stephanie. "The Love of God" is one of my favorite hymns. What an amazing picture it paints! Thank you for sharing it today.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, dearest Stephanie, what a beautiful and rich hymn is "The Love of God!" I still can remember well my precious dad singing this hymn in church, and he was known for singing rubato (at his own tempo that his dear accompanist knew) to emphasize those parts that were so dear and precious in the song. Thank you for sharing another touching Sabbath Day post and adding such beautiful photos! Blessings, precious friend! Hugs!

Dianna said...

A beautifully written post, Stephanie. It all points to the true Biblical meaning of love. Thank you so much.

Chris Lally said...

You did it again - perfect timing! Lovely, lovely post, Stephanie! (And I can almost smell that candle...)

Marilyn Mathis said...

You certainly outdid yourself with this blog. Not only is the photography superb, but you posted some of my favorite songs. "The Love of God" says so much. I am sure that you know about the last verse. From an old hymnal: "The last stanza was penciled on the wall of a narrow room in an insane asylum by a man said to have been demented. The profound lines were discovered when they laid him in his coffin." Maybe he was just in touch with God and the world didn't understand. Hugs. Love your blog.

Celestina Marie said...

Dear Stephanie,
Such a lovely post this Sunday. This blesses, not only in words and scripture but your lovely photos too. God Bless you always. xo

SpicingUpIdaho said...

"The love of God" song is one of my favorites! Beautiful quotes along with your pictures to share the glorious truth that the Love of God is the most beautiful and powerful thing in the world! Hugs to you today friend, and may the sweet love of the Lord be with you!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What beautiful words you've shared, my sweet friend, on your blog today. The pictures are so perfect for celebrating God's love. I was actually trying to take a whiff of that pretty pink candle! I hope you had a beautiful and blessed Sunday. Love and hugs are sent to you.

Vee said...

I was familiar with all except for Robert Browning's poem. What a powerful testimony! You always create such loveliness...

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely words and pictures.
I hope you had a peaceful Sunday.

Good wishes for the coming new week

All the best Jan

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

What I find visiting your blog is always so incredibly lovely -
thank you, dear one.

Have a blessed week and a wonderful St. Valentine's Day! ♥

Gina said...

Thank you Stephanie. A blessed Lord's day to you too!

Carla from The River said...

Happy Sunday,
Thank you Stephanie, always a great way to start the week.
Happy Valentine's Day,
Carla

Cheryl said...

Happy Lord's Day to you, too, sweet friend. :) God bless you. I love the song "The Love of God" and can hardly sing it without tears. I do not know what we would do without His all-encompassing, unconditional love for us. Happy Valentine's Day!!

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Stephanie!
This is my favorite hymn. I love it.
Beautiful post. :)

Mari said...

What a wonderful selection of Hymns and verses. His love is amazing and humbling.

mamasmercantile said...

As always, so uplifting to visit and share your beautiful post.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

The love of God is often silent in words but strong in the most unexpected actions any human could ever perform. HAPPY LOVE DAY, my friend!

Tamago said...

The candle looks soothing and I bet it has a very lovely scent!
I hope you enjoyed your weekend, and wish you a beautiful new week xoxo

hobbyloes said...

Thank you Stephanie for sharing these beautiful poems and songs, and the lovely photos.

Christine said...

Oh what a soul refreshing visit today with you dear Stephanie! Thank you for sharing these beautiful words and verses of Scripture! 1 John 3. 1 is my favorite!
Blessings to you throughout the week!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely post, so reassuring that God is always there by our side, not because of anything we do but just because he Loves us no matter what, how blessed we are to have such a loving Father!
Lovely pics :)
Wishing you a very Happy Valentine's day

Anne Payne said...

Beautiful reminders that we are loved!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day, my sweet friend!

Marcia said...

Beautiful as always, Stephanie. Thank you for sharing.
Love to you always, dear heart.
xo

Sandy said...

Thank you Stephanie!
sandy xx

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely candle and card, Stephanie. It looks like one of the vintage ones. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...