Sunday, April 16, 2017

Alleluia, He Is Risen!


 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. 
Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- Matthew 28:6 -




"Alleluia, He Is Risen!"
"Alleluia, He Is Risen Indeed!"

He lives! 
I tell you, He is not dead,
but lives here and now!
Jesus Christ is more alive today than ever before.
I can prove it by my own experience,
as well as the testimony of countless thousands.
- Alfred H. Ackley -

In Ackley's rereading of the resurrections of the Gospels,
the words "He is risen" struck him with new meaning.
From the thrill within his own soul came the convincing song - "He Lives!"
The scriptural evidence, his own heart, and the testimony of history
matched the glorious experience of an innumerable cloud of witnesses
that "He Lives," so he sat down at the piano and voiced that conclusion in song.

I serve a risen Savior; He's in the world today.
I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him He's always near.

In all the world around me I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary I never will despair.
I know that He is leading, thro' all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing will come at last.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian! Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ, the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind. 

He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? 
He lives within my heart.
- Alfred H. Ackley -


{enjoy the music while reading these wonderful and joyous words}

During the Easter season of 1874,
while having his devotions one evening,
Robert Lowry was impressed with the events 
associated with Christ's resurrection,
especially with these words recorded in Luke 24:6-7:

He is not here, but is risen:
remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men
and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Soon Robert Lowry found himself seated at the little pump organ
in the parlor of his home,
and in a very spontaneous fashion,
the words and music of "Christ Arose" gave expression to the thoughts
that had been uppermost in his mind.

Low in the grave He lay - Jesus, my Savior!
Waiting the coming day - Jesus, my Lord!
Up from the grave He arose,
with a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
and He lives forever with His saints to reign,
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah!
Christ arose!

Vainly they watch His bed - Jesus, my Savior!
Vainly they seal the dead - Jesus, my Lord!
Up from the grave He arose,
with a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
and He lives forever with His saints to reign,
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah!
Christ arose!

Death cannot keep his prey - Jesus, my Savior!
He tore the bars away - Jesus, my Lord!
Up from the grave He arose,
with a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
and He lives forever with His saints to reign,
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah!
Christ arose!
- Robert Lowry - 




See, what a morning, gloriously bright,
with the dawn of hope in Jerusalem;
Folded the grave clothes, tomb filled with light,
as the angels announce, "Christ is risen!"
See God's salvation plan, wrought in love,
borne in pain, paid in sacrifice;
Fulfilled in Christ, the Man, for He lives: 
Christ is risen from the dead!

See Mary weeping, "Where is He laid?"
as in sorrow she turns from the empty tomb;
Hears a voice speaking, calling her name:
it's the Master, the Lord, raised to life again!
The voice that spans the years, 
speaking life, stirring hope, bringing peace to us,
Will sound 'til He appears, for He lives:
Christ is risen from the dead!

One with the Father, Ancient of Days,
through the Spirit who clothes faith with certainty;
Honor and blessing, glory and praise to the King
crowned with power and authority.
And we are raised with Him,
death is dead, love has won, Christ has conquered;
And we shall reign with Him, for He lives:
Christ is risen from the dead!
- Keith Getty and Stuart Townend -




The strife is o’er, the battle done;
The victory of life is won;
The song of triumph has begun: Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

The powers of death have done their worst;
But Christ their legions hath dispersed;
Let shouts of holy joy outburst: Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

The three sad days are quickly sped;
He rises glorious from the dead;
All glory to our risen Head! Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

He closed the yawning gates of hell;
The bars from heaven’s high portals fell;
Let hymns of praise His triumphs tell! Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Lord, by the stripes which wounded Thee,
From death’s dread sting Thy servants free,
That we may live, and sing to Thee: Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
- Unknown Author - Translated by Francis Pott -




Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; 
death hath no more dominion over him.
For in that he died, he died unto sin once: 
but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
- Romans 6:9 - 10 -


And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. 
And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, 
Fear not; I am the first and the last:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; 
and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; 
and have the keys of hell and of death.
- Revelation 1:17 - 18 -




Lives again our glorious King, 
Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
Alleluia!
Dying once He all doth save,
Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave?
Alleluia!
Love's redeeming work is done,
Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won,
Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids Him rise,
Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise,
Alleluia!
- Charles Wesley -


O death, where is thy sting? 
O grave, where is thy victory?
The sting of death is sin; 
and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, 
which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:55 - 57 -




We worship and serve the ONE who broke the bonds of death
and now lives forevermore!

Have a most blessed Resurrection Sunday!
Love and hugs to you!

34 comments:

cucki said...

Happy Easter x

Karen said...

Wonderful post celebrating Jesus' resurrection this morning! Have a blessed day with your family.

Ang Smith said...

Happy Easter, dear friend! I hope your day is filled with joy and happiness. :)

Daniela said...

Alleluia, Dearest One, He's risen !

Sending blessings of Joy on your Easter,
may you and your family enjoy all the Gladness, Happiness and Peace it brings us !

XOXO Dany

Sheryl S. said...

Wishing you a wonderful blessed Easter weekend.

Cynthia said...

Some of my very favorite hymns you are sharing; the first two I've been singing in my head (and heart) this beautiful Easter morning. I most especially have been needing to read these words today, for my heart has been heavy. Thank you, Stephanie!

Rosemary said...

Dear Stephanie,
Easter Blessings!
Just wanted to say how much I love your blog. We have so much in common and I just find your blog so inspiring.
Have a lovely day,
Rosemary xo

Lowcarb team member said...

I knew your post would be special ... and it is.

All the best Jan

Chris Lally said...

Happy Resurrection Day, Stephanie!
Beautiful, beautiful post!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, beloved Stephanie, what glorious hymns of praise of rejoicing at the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus! I so love the old hymn, "He Lives," and remember it well singing it each and every Easter and other times too. And I love Keith and Kristen Getty hymn...such precious words of truth and greatest hope. Thank you for sharing the amazing video of the orchestral performance as I remembered the words and sang them in my heart. Praise God that Jesus is ALIVE, and so shall we be alive forevermore with Him. Oh, what a day of rejoicing that will be (yet another precious hymn). Thank you for a beautiful Easter post today! Much love, dear friend! xoxo

Tamago said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter weekend, Stephanie! Sending hugs! xo

Kris said...

Happy, happy Easter, dear friend!! The most significant day in the history of mankind!! Hope you had a lovely day!!

Simply Linda said...

What a beautiful post, my friend. Hope your SONday was a lovely one, a very Happy Easter to you and your family.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful post, Stephanie!
I loved hearing about the history of the song He Lives. That hymn is so special to me.
Beautiful scriptures in this lovely post.
I hope your Easter Sunday was joyous.

Bonnie said...

Loved the orchestra to Christ Arose.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Lovely post honoring our Lord and Saviour. Appreciated the songs and the flowers are just gorgeous. Hugs.

Christine said...

Happy Easter!!
Christine

krishna said...

Happy Easter.. XOXO..

Billie Jo said...

Happy and Blessed Easter, my friend!

Mari said...

A marvelous day!
I remember singing 'Low in the grave He lay' as a child. I always loved that chorus, and we only sang it on Easter. Good memories!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

A day late, but the joy is eternal. HAPPY RESURRECTION dearest Stephanie nd family!

hobbyloes said...

Wonderful post Stephanie and wonderful to read about the resurrection of our dearest Christ!
Blessed Easter!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a thoughtfully written, beautiful post, dearest one! I hope you had a lovely Easter filled with hope and joy in our Risen Lord. I thought of you yesterday at church, as I was singing Roll Away the Stone, the song that I told you about last year. I'm so glad that we sang it again.
May you have a wonderful week, angel friend. Love and hugs!

Vee said...

That was wonderful. I had not known the story behind the song. It makes it all the more special and anointed.

Conniecrafter said...

Always so interesting to hear the lives and stories behind the hymns! What a blessing to put the joy of Christ into such wonderful songs for many generations to come, so that they may sing the praises to their King!!!
He is Risen Indeed!!!

Regine Karpel said...

Beautiful.

Deborah Montgomery said...

What a joyous post Stephanie, for a joyous day! It was a wonderful celebration for us yesterday, and I trust, for you all as well. xo Deborah

Anne Payne said...

Wow!!! Fabulous piece of music! Thank you for posting this video.

I love this Scripture selection - 1 Corinthians 15:55 - 57

Blessed Easter tidings to you, my friend {{hugs}}

Hasi said...

Christ is Risen, Indeed!

Thanks be to God!

Hasi

Gina said...

Stephanie, Happy Easter! He is risen indeed!

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. Beautiful post Stephanie ...
..... Happy Easter ....
..Barb xxx

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Lovely post, dear Stephanie! I hope your Easter was filled with sweet blessings. xx Karen

Michele said...


Praise be to God in the Highest!

Jesus lives, indeed!

He made everything New.

Thank you, Jesus for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paige said...

Amen! Thank you for sharing the lovely words and complementing flowers. :) I grew up with the first two songs and some time has passed since singing them. The "Oldies" can be so good and full of truth!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...