Sunday, April 30, 2017

Saved By Grace Alone

And I shall see Him 
face to face,
And tell the story:
saved by grace.
- Fanny J. Crosby -





Wonderful grace of Jesus,
Greater than all my sin;
How shall my tongue describe it,
Where shall its praise begin?
Taking away my burden,
Setting my spirit free;
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.

Wonderful grace of Jesus,
Reaching to all the lost,
By it I have been pardoned,
Saved to the uttermost,
Chains have been torn asunder,
Giving me liberty;
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.

Wonderful grace of Jesus,
Reaching the most defiled,
By its transforming power,
Making him God’s dear child,
Purchasing peace and heaven,
For all eternity;
And the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me.

Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus,
Deeper than the mighty rolling sea;
Wonderful grace, all sufficient for me, for even me.
Broader than the scope of my transgressions,
Greater far than all my sin and shame,
O magnify the precious Name of Jesus.
Praise His Name!
- Haldor Lillenas -




Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Ye ransomed from the fall;
Hail Him who saves you by His grace,
And crown Him Lord of all.
Hail Him who saves you by His grace,
And crown Him Lord of all.
- Edward Perronet -


I know not why God’s wondrous grace
To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
Redeemed me for His own.
But I know whom I have believed, 
and am persuaded that he is able 
to keep that which I've committed 
unto him against that day. 
- Daniel W. Whittle -




Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary!
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty At Calvary.
- William R, Newell -


 For by grace are ye saved through faith; 
and that not of yourselves: 
it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Ephesians 2:8, 9 -




For sin shall not have dominion over you: 
for ye are not under the law, 
but under grace.
- Romans 6:14 -


"Jesus died for all mankind"
- every race and nation -
and yet. . .
He died for me.


Saved by grace alone!
This is all my plea:
Jesus died for all mankind,
and Jesus died for me.
- Philip Doddridge and Augustus M. Toplady -




Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found.
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
- John Newton -


The wonderful grace of Jesus will be the theme
that will echo throughout the corridors of heaven during all eternity.
It should also be the joyful exclamation of every Christian now
whenever he thinks of Calvary and the deep love of our Savior.
- Kenneth W. Osbeck -




Have a most blessed Lord's Day!
Love and hugs to you.

31 comments:

Simply Linda said...

Amen friend, Amen. Have a beautiful Sunday, Stephanie.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

My goodness, what beauty in this post, from the precious hymns, quotes and verses... to the glorious pictures of spring! I love how you paired the flower with your teacup, they seem to match perfectly, and your pictures a graceful tribute to your theme today... praising the Lord with you for the hope that we have in his grace and mercy! Hugs to you today dear friend, may the sweet presence of the Lord be with you on this day!

Debbie Harris said...

Oh Stephanie, your beauty here is gorgeous! I love the tea cup with your choice of the delicate flower, pearls and lace accompanied with those gracious words filled with such truth.
Oh the wonderful grace of Jesus, may it always be expressed through my life and walk with my Lord, for without His grace,I am nothing.
This was a lovely, lovely post~~

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet post my dear..
Sending you love and smiles x

Candy Chilcoat said...

Absolutely Beautiful thank you for sharing!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

To me, Amazing Grace is the song that best portrays God's grace, if you really listen to the words. It is on the CD I am listening to in my truck right now and it encourages me every time I hear about God's grace for me.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stephanie, this has been an especially beautiful post with some of the most amazing hymns I remember singing when younger...and I remember how our church rang out in praise with the men and women singing, as the men would echo parts of the words after the women. Those were the days of singing in congregations that I so miss. What wonderful grace our Lord has bestowed on us...it's mind-boggling and so humbling. And I remember that Ephesians 2:8-9 was among the many verses I memorized as a young girl/teen, and now I have a growing list of Scripture verses that I want to be sure to keep in my heart and mind as I get older and know that God will use them to minister to me. Thank you once again for another precious post, dear Stephanie. Wishing you a blessed Lord's Day! Hugs and love! xoxo

mari said...

Lovely :0) mari

Sue said...

A beautiful post indeed, Stephanie, from the hymns, verses and quotes of God's amazing grace! I recently bought a a frame with the words written on it " tune my heart to sing thy grace," I read it several times a day as my prayer! Thank you for sharing,
Have a blessed day!
Sue

mamasmercantile said...

So uplifting, a beautiful post.

magnoliasntea said...

Beautiful song and images, Stephanie.
Have a great week!

Carla from The River said...

Thank You my friend!
Happy New Week!
Love, Carla

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I hope you are having a blessed Lord's Day, too, sweet friend. Thank you for the beautiful post with lovely verses, hymns, and pictures that made me sigh, and smile. I especially love Amazing Grace. Love and hugs right back to you.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Sweet Friend, What a beautiful post for Sunday. I love your gorgeous photos,hymns and verses. Amazing Grace has always been one of my favorites hymns. Thank you for sharing your heart with us all. God Bless. Love xo

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful Sunday post.
My good wishes for the new week ahead.

All the best Jan

Gina said...

Stephanie, I've always loved this hymn. I especially would smile when the gentlemen would sing part and the ladies the other part. ♥

Vee said...

🎶Saved by grace, I've been saved by grace...🎶 My grandson and I had a long talk about this very thing today. It was a sweet conversation. Praise God for all that Jesus did for us on the cross. What a gift, if we'll reach out and take it.

Karen said...

I am so thankful for all those precious hymns. We shall see Him face to face! Praise the Lord.

Rose L said...

He gave His son and His Son gave his own life out of love for ALL of us!

Denise :) said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing this, Stephanie ... sometimes seeing it in print is "music" to your soul! :)

Tamago said...

I love your beautiful pictures. So sweet and filled with warm spring.
I hope you enjoyed weekend with your family. Happy new week and happy May, Stephanie!

Debby Ray said...

Were it not for His grace...where would I be? I don't even want to know. Beautiful post. Have a blessed week, dear Stephanie! ♥

Debby Ray said...

Were it not for His grace...where would I be? I don't even want to know. Beautiful post. Have a blessed week, dear Stephanie! ♥

hobbyloes said...

What a Lovely post, I love the beautiful song Amazing Grace.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Beautiful!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Just lovely. And you have created a beautiful setting for the hymns and words of encouragement. My daughter has some teacups and china in that pattern, and it is so perfect for spring-time. Blessings to you, dear one, have a lovely week. xo Deborah

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Whenever I see/hear "Wonderful Grace of Jesus", I remember the little church I grew up in and hearing the men sing the parts of the chorus. A sweet memory. Thank you for all the time you take on these posts -- your pictures are lovely and I so appreciate it!

Paige said...

Amen! ^_^ What truly amazing grace our Lord has on us!
Your tea and saucer are so pretty! :D

Conniecrafter said...

Oh the amazing grace he gives us each and every day, I am so thankful for his grace, given to me, one that does not deserve it but is forever grateful!!
Wishing you a most lovely week!

Barbara Neubeck said...


I hope you had a wonderful Sunday Stephanie.....if this gorgeous post is anything to go by, then I'm sure you did ..
It's Wednesday 3rd May here and we are sitting with the heater on because the Autumn weather has turned cold ...
I like the meditation colouring book ... a great idea ...
.. Barb xxxxx

Regine Karpel said...

Beautiful. Thank you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...