Saturday, April 08, 2017

The One True Love of Alice-Ann - Book Review

Living in rural Georgia in 1941, 
sixteen-year-old Alice-Ann has her heart set on her brother’s friend Mack; 
despite their five-year age gap, 
Alice-Ann knows she can make Mack see her for the woman she’ll become. 
But when they receive news of the attack on Pearl Harbor and Mack decides to enlist, 
Alice-Ann realizes she must declare her love before he leaves.

Though promising to write, 
Mack leaves without confirmation that her love is returned. 
But Alice-Ann is determined to wear the wedding dress 
her maiden aunt never had a chance to wear—
having lost her fiancé in the Great War. 
As their correspondence continues over the next three years, 
Mack and Alice-Ann are drawn closer together. 
But then Mack’s letters cease altogether, 
leaving Alice-Ann to fear history repeating itself.

Dreading the war will leave her with a beautiful dress and no happily ever after, 
Alice-Ann fills her days with work 
and caring for her best friend’s war-torn brother, Carlton. 
As time passes and their friendship develops into something more, 
Alice-Ann wonders if she’ll ever be prepared to say good-bye to her one true love 
and embrace the future God has in store with a newfound love. 
Or will a sudden call from overseas change everything?




My Thoughts
The One True Love of Alice-Ann is . . .

Absolutely phenomenal!

A real page-turner!

Incredibly captivating!

Ever so heart-warming!

Delightful and sentimental!

Simply stunning!

I could go on, my friends, but I think you get the picture.
Eva Marie Everson outdid herself with this latest book
and it's one you won't want to miss out on.

The characters will have you wrapped around their pinky finger
from the very first chapter,
and by the time you reach the end of the book 
you will realize you have been holding your breath 
while your heart goes pitter patter 
at the precious and pure love story 
that just unfolded like a rose before your very eyes.

You will notice I said it's a pure love story.
I was truly blessed and inspired by the way the author presented the romance 
in a beautiful yet biblical manner.
It's written in a way that blesses married women
and encourages unmarried women to desire a pure relationship.

While this story is about a young woman finding true love,
it's also about a journey for Alice-Ann
as she grows up and becomes a woman of godly character.

I am most impressed with The One True Love of Alice-Ann
and I would encourage you, dear friends, to read it.
A 5-star book!

** I was provided a copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers
in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received. **

15 comments:

Linda said...

I would love to read this book! Sounds wonderful!

Debbie Harris said...

Great review! Sounds like a good read for even myself, May I borrow it?
Hope your day is a beautiful one?
Looking forward to our Precious time together tomorrow. :-)

Love you~~

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sounds like a book I would enjoy too! Thanks for the review sweet friend. Hugs!

Lauren at Wonderfully Made said...

Ooohhh! This sounds so good and your review seals the deal! Adding it to my reading list. Thanks!

Tam k said...

I really enjoy reading your book reviews! This sounds like a lovely story for me to read right after The Mark of the King, which I've added to my book list after reading your review. Thank you for the recommendations :-)

Teri said...

Your review sounds wonderful and it sounds like a book I would love to read. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Lots of Love my sweet friend. Hugs 💝 Teri

Karen said...

That does sound like a great book. Thank you for the review.

Mildred said...

I am reading quite a bit this days and I love finding out about a Christian author and a great read. Thank you. Blessings, Mildred

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Now this review means a lot to me knowing that you read a book with a fine-tooth comb; I must read this!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Sunday dearest Stephanie!

Vee said...

Wow. A rave review for sure!

Miss Val's Creations said...

This sounds like a wonderful read. It is funny how times have changed in that a 5 year age gap is no longer an issue. :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Sounds like a great book. I will add it to my long list of things to read :-)

Denise :) said...

Oooh! I'll have to check this one out on Kindle! Thank you for the recommendation! :)

Alicia said...

This book sounds lovely! You're the second book blogger I've come across who has recommended it so highly ~ I'm looking forward to reading this one for myself soon! :-)

Chris Lally said...

Oh, now I have to read it! Thank you for the wonderful review, Stephanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...