Friday, April 28, 2017

Tranquility Prayer Journal - Book Review


And the peace of God, 
which passeth all understanding, 
shall keep your hearts and minds 
through Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:7 -




Hello, beautiful friends!
Today I have a lovely little journal to show you
that is sure to put a smile on your face.

I would love for you to join me
for a moment of peace and quiet. . .
a moment of tranquility.

Peace
begins with a smile.
- Mother Teresa -




Tranquility: 
A Prayer and Reflection Coloring Journal 
invites you to mix creative journaling and coloring 
into your personal time with God. 
Prayers that focus on topics such as:

being thankful, 

dealing with stress and heartache, 

caring for yourself and others, 

listening for God’s leading, 

and waiting patiently on Him 

will guide your thoughts and calm your spirit.
Filled with more than 100 designs to color, 
plenty of space for journaling, and 40 needs-based prayers, 
Tranquility will help you express your devotion 
to God with your whole heart.




Tranquility: 
a state of calmness, peacefulness, quietness, serenity.
In a hectic and busy world,
achieving this can seem impossible.
But with intentional effort,
you can escape the urgent and soak in the tranquility at every level-
heart, mind, body, and spirit.

Coloring, journaling, and drawing can also provide effective tools
for deepening your faith.
And when you allow your mind to center on THE TRUTH of God's Word
while adding color and inner creativity,
your devotional life can soar with new dimension.

As you enter into the prayers offered in this book,
spend time thinking about what you are saying to God.
Take it slow.
You may even want to personalize each prayer
to reflect the needs and hopes you have for your own life.
To make your own time even more meaningful,
write down your own prayers
and color the artwork, or create your own drawing.

Suggestions are added along the way
to further inspire you in this quiet time of reflection and prayer.
Don't worry about the end result;
let God lead the way 
as you allow yourself to fully experience tranquility.




My dear friends,
this journal is simply a delight!
I must tell you that I am not much of a journal keeper. . .
okay, I don't journal at all.
My sweet mom had me keep a journal when I was in school,
but once I graduated the journals were put aside.
Oh, every once in a while 
I'd be inspired and pick up a pretty journal
in order to write my thoughts down,
but the inspiration stayed for only a short time.

I'm also not much a coloring gal
and not because I don't like to color,
but rather because I can't find the time.
If I color it's when I'm sitting next to my son
and he sweetly asks me to join him as he colors his horse books.
I can't possibly say no to his precious offer.

Anyway, as I was saying. . .
this journal is perfect!
The entries can be short, sweet, and to the point.
The journal is more of a way to write down prayers 
or simply share how the Lord is working in your life 
rather than writing down long, detailed entries. 
I can enjoy my quiet time with the Lord
while having time to spend coloring
because the pictures are not overwhelming 
like some adult coloring books.
Each page in the journal has precious Scripture from God's Word
along with lovely images to color.

The journal itself is a hardcover book
which makes it sturdy and durable.
The pages are also thick so if you like using markers 
I think it would be safe to say they wouldn't bleed through.
I use colored pencils so I can't say for sure about the markers.

A beautiful journal in words and pictures
and one that I would recommend to anyone.
And may I just say that it would be a lovely gift for Mother's Day.

** I was provided a copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers
in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received. **




Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, 
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee.
- Isaiah 26:3 -


Blessed are the peacemakers: 
for they shall be called the children of God.
- Matthew 5:9 -


{ of course this would be my favorite picture }


Please know that I greatly appreciate the time you take
to visit and leave such sweet comments.
You, precious readers and friends, bring me great joy.
Have a blessed and peaceful weekend!
{{{ hugs }}}


32 comments:

Kerin said...

That is a lovely journal.
Thanks for sharing.

I've journaled since the age of 12; so for a very, very, long time...~LOL!
I enjoy the quiet, reflective time spent journaling.
Though, I'm not sure if any of my scribblings will matter to my posterity, I still enjoy the process, and the ponderings of my days :)

Have a lovely weekend.
Thanks so much for the sweet 'welcome' back, and for the kind comments.
You are such a dear friend :)

~K.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

I have to say, I am very happy to see this coloring journal. Our book store has a large collection of adult coloring books that are meant to de-stress one's life, but they are crude. Very crude. It's more about venting and drama than focusing on the beauty in our lives. Just not for me, I suppose. But I could see myself greatly enjoying this one. Thank-you for sharing.
Have a lovely day and weekend Stephanie,
Much Love,
Andrea

Roberta Celestina said...

What a beauty coloring journal!
Hugs,
Roberta

Melanie said...

A lovely prayer journal. You can really personalize this as much as you want. Thank you for sharing.

Kris said...

Wow, what a beautiful journal!! My older brother just passed away this past Sunday and I think I will get one for his wife. He was wayyyy too young to go home but he has been sick from agent orange complications for many years and now he is whole and in the perfect place!! Thank you for sharing this journal, Stephanie!! And why yes, the tea cup page would be your favorite AND in pink!! :-))

Karen said...

I love the journal. That would make a nice graduation gift for my granddaughter!

cucki said...

Aw such a pretty journal
I love it from my happy heart
Love you
Smiles and blessings x

NanaDiana said...

I journaled for years and years...and one day I sat down to read those journals and I destroyed them all. The times I journaled the most were those full of heartache and pain and I did not want my kids to read them and suffer 'for' me someday. It was therapeutic at that time but it was also time to 'let it go'.

I love the sweet journal you are showing here. It is quick and and I love that it is full of positive thoughts and dreams. xo Diana

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I too am not a journal-er lol. I always feel guilty when everyone talks about the books and books they have from years and years of journaling. It's just not my 'thing' but I DO love to color haha. I love these ideas that combine creativity with God's word. I have saved a few of the journaling Bibles on my Amazon list as possible gifts for those I know who are artistic. Your photography by the way is beautiful!

Rose L said...

I love this journal and do color! During my recovery time I have enjoyed coloring. I also have read prayers to help me get through difficulties. Two in one!

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like the perfect way to journal for creativity at any level. Have a wonderful weekend.

Carol Stebner said...

I have been journaling on and off for many years....writing more when emotions were high and less so when life and home were on a more even keel. I also started the coloring-thing when I was first diagnosed with cancer, and it gave me something to do during chemo. I kind of got addicted and love combining coloring with my Creative Bible Journal. This coloring journal looks like it would be a wonderful addition to my growing collection of books that bring peace to my mind and soul. Thank you so much for sharing, Stephanie.

Hugs, Carol

cindy shipley said...

This is just what i been looking for thank you for shareing

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm not much for journaling, either, Stephanie, but I do keep notes on each grandchild and then compose a letter to them which I give in their birthday card each year. This coloring journal would be something that I could handle, and I'm sure enjoy. Thank you for sharing your honest review with us. Love and hugs for a happy weekend are sent to you.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Oh Stephanie, the journal looks wonderful... and your photos of it are superb.
Thank you for this very inspiring post!
Hugs and blessings!

Sue said...

I have journaled for many years, and find it so rewarding, this one seems perfect as I love to color as well! It helps that the pictures are already drawn for me, as I am not artistic at all!~smile~ Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What a wonderful journal Stephanie"
I could spends many a happy hour colouring the wonderful illustrations.
Have a beautiful weekend with your family, hugs from us :)

Eddie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Stephanie . . . . you've brightened up my day . . thank you. Eddie :)

Eddie Bluelights said...

Sorry, Stephanie, I used my wrong email address. This one calls up my blog. Best wishes, Eddie :)

Mildred said...

Dear Stephanie, What a pretty journal. Like you, I never kept a journal and due to tremors, I can't color BUT my sister would LOVE this book. As you say, this would make a great gift.
I wish you and your family a very nice weekend. HOpefully, you are enjoying warmer temps by now. xoxo

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

This looks like a lovely journal to read and be creative in. I'm really enjoying my journalling Bible, writing in the margins and colouring when I have time.

krishna said...

A very lovely journal..

Sandra Ford said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful journal. I am going to see where I can find one. I desperately need this right now in my life. It is like having a prayer answered already!
Thank you Stephanie. 💟

janice15 said...

Very nice Stephanie.. I nave been wanting a jounaling bible but havent got there yet.. Happy weekend with love Janice

Teri said...

Oh my, such a lovely journal. It seems that it would be such a quiet and peaceful time to sit with a cup of tea and this charming journal. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs ♥ Teri

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you showed us your new journal. I've been looking for something like this so I ordered myself one today! There was a choice between this one and the Gratitude journal and I got the Gratitude journal. I hope it's as nice as yours. I'm excited to get it! Thanks for the wonderful review. Hugs, Diane (now where's my colored pencils! heehee)

Lowcarb team member said...

I love how you've presented this.
Many thanks for the review.

All the best Jan

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I really don't have time for coloring either, I understand it is such a passion for many, but I find it hard to sit still for that long! But this really is a lovely journal, and a beautiful way to have short devotions with the Lord and to spend some time meditating on His goodness as you color. Hugs to you today!

Conniecrafter said...

This looks like a great journal, although I have never colored in my journal, I did journal more when I was younger, then 2 years ago I started a thankful journal that I write in every morning as part of my bible time.
Love the beautiful laces that were in your pictures, wow they are stunning!

Olivia said...

Love the journal, and enjoyed all the wonderful reminders you shared from Scripture! I definitely need to get one of these journals :) Thank you so much for posts that uplift and bless others!

Carol Z said...

I was about to write that I don't keep a journal, but of course I've kept a journal via blog for years. This would make a fabulous gift. Take good care and a hug across the miles!

Debbie Harris said...

I'm so happy that I didn't miss this post all together as its wonderful! This would be a delightful journal with the coloring to go along with it. Mmmmm... may just have to look for this pretty little book, and I too like that tea cup page. Your lace is familiar to me. {{wink}} Looks lovely in your photo shots.
I'm just like Dianna, write them and then toss them. I've often thought the same thing about my girls reading my journals, wouldn't want them to read of some sorrows. It was a time for me to write it down for myself, then let it go. :)
Journaling on my large daily planner is what I like best for right now.
I think I'm rambling here. :)

Love you ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...