Sunday, May 21, 2017

Blessed Book, Precious Book

Heaven and earth will pass away, 
but my words will never pass away.
- Matthew 24:35 -




There’s a dear and precious Book,
Though it’s worn and faded now,
Which recalls those happy days of long ago,
When I stood at mother’s knee,
With her hand upon my brow,
And I heard her voice in gentle tones and low.

As she read the stories o’er
Of those mighty men of old,
Of Joseph and of Daniel and their trials,
Of little David bold,
Who became a king at last,
Of Satan and his many wicked wiles.

Then she read of Jesus’ love,
As He blessed the children dear,
How He suffered, bled and died upon the tree;
Of His heavy load of care,
Then she dried my flowing tears
With her kisses as she said it was for me.

Well, those days are past and gone,
But their memory lingers still
And the dear old Book each day has been my guide;
And I seek to do His will,
As my mother taught me then,
And ever in my heart His Words abide.

- Refrain -
Blessed Book, precious Book,
On thy dear old tear stained leaves I love to look;
Thou art sweeter day by day, as I walk the narrow way
That leads at last to that bright home above.
- M. B. Williams -




Sweet friends,
I have a beautiful Bible to show you today.
This little lovely is a NKJV woman's study Bible
and the outward appearance is not only a treat for the eyes,
but it is full of beauty on the inside as well.

Take a peek . . .




For the word of the Lord is right; 
and all his works are done in truth.
- Psalm 33:4 -




The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: 
but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
- Isaiah 40:8 -




Before I dive into this review
I want to mention that there are contributions from over 80 women 
offering reflections about important topics that are relevant to our current times. 

This woman's study Bible is full of treasures
and it seems like once you start reading a portion of Scripture
you can't help but go on "rabbit trails" because there is always something 
in the portion you just read that will point you to another part of the Bible.
I can easily spend hours reading this Bible
because there is so much to take in and digest.
Because this is a study Bible
there are many helpful notes at the bottom of each page
that will deepen your knowledge in the Scriptures.

This beautiful Bible is actually my first NKJV
as I have always used a KJV.
While I am used to the KJV and personally prefer it
I found this version to be helpful in the meaning of certain words.
For example, rather than the word "Master" it is "Teacher."
In Psalms when "Thee" is used in the KJV it is translated to "You" in the NKJV.
If you are not used to old English 
than a NKJV is certainly easier to use and understand.

As you can see this Bible is full, and I mean full, of goodies.
One thing I fell in love with was a portion in Song of Solomon
that talks about the flowers, plants, gems, and minerals.
The plant or mineral is listed along with the reference and description.




Heaven and earth shall pass away, 
but my words shall not pass away.
- Matthew 24:35 -




In the beginning was the Word, 
and the Word was with God, 
and the Word was God.
- John 1:1 -




You will find encouraging quotes
throughout the Bible.




There are several women listed in the Bible
and this Bible gives you detailed information about many of them.




You will find a list of Psalms
for daily living.




In the book of Acts
you will find a page with a list of preachers
such as Peter, Stephen, Paul, and James
and alongside their names is a list of their sermons 
and where they can be found in the Bible.




You will also find full-color maps,
a topical index, book introductions,
a concordance, and more.

The list of golden nuggets found in this Bible goes on and on.
I haven't even scratched the surface, my friends.
Now you see how easily it is to get lost {in a good way}
in your Bible reading when you open up this Bible.

As you can probably tell,
I simply love this Bible
and I believe it would be a wonderful addition to any woman's library.
I hope through my review I have given you a taste 
of how delightful this Book truly is.
If you add this Bible to your collection 
you will be blown away by all that is tucked inside.

 ** I was given a complimentary copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers
for an honest review. 
All thoughts are my own and no other compensation was received. **




For the word of God is quick, and powerful, 
and sharper than any twoedged sword, 
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, 
and of the joints and marrow, 
and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- Hebrews 4:12 -


But be ye doers of the word, 
and not hearers only,
deceiving your own selves.
- James 1:22 -


Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine,
and doeth them, 
I will liken him unto a wise man, 
which built his house upon a rock.
- Matthew 7:24 -




Have a blessed and beautiful Lord's Day, friends!

* * * * * * * *

You can find this Woman's Study Bible on CBD by clicking here.
And on Amazon by clicking here.

25 comments:

Karen said...

It looks like a lovely study Bible. Have a blessed Sunday.

Mildred said...

Thank you for the review; it is lovely.
Wishing you a nice afternoon. Enjoy those kitties!

Debbie Harris said...

Stephanie, your review was just beautiful in both word and photos. You presented a gorgeous Bible even lovelier through you photos.
I must share with your readers that after you told me of this Bible I wanted it before even seeing it in person. As you know your wonderful dad gifted me with this awesome Bible for Mother's Day and I have been greatly blessed during my reading and study time with the Lord.
I find myself doing exactly as you mentioned, " heading down rabbit trails" as there is much to discover.
I appreciate the way these ladies have shared their gracious words throughout the Bible.
I was reading just this morning in Song of Solomon about " The Daughters of Jerusalem" and here are the gracious words we can learn from. "Only as women move out from themselves and look to Christ can they see the Savior's incomparable beauty and glory and experience His redeeming grace."
"Women ought to emulate the Daughters of Jerusalem with willing spirits to work for the Savior and with sensitive hearts in response to all He has done for them."
So beautifully said and so true.
I believe my time in the Word is going to be wonderful with this new addition to my Bible collection.
Thank you for sharing ♡

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
This looks like a nice study Bible. I love the cover too! I may have to put this on my wish list. I have a home schooling Bible for mothers and a Life Application Bible. I am thinking another one but yet the extras in this one looks different to the ones I have. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Jo

Anonymous said...

Thank, Thank, Thank you!!! for sharing the beautiful study Bible. I went to the website and found some perfect gifts for my granddaughter's upcoming birthday. I'm hoping to gift myself with the Bible real soon too!
Vera C.

Debby Ray said...

Thank you for your review of this beautiful Bible, Stephanie....oh and your mother was so right...your presentation using your stunning photos added so much to this already beautiful book. I do really like the New King James Version. Have a blessed week!

Mari said...

It looks like a wonderful study bible! I can see that there is a lot of extra things to learn while reading. Thanks for the review. Enjoy your Sunday!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, what a beautiful Bible, Stephanie, and I so love that God's Word will never pass away and will remain and give forth everlasting fruit! Praise God! Thank you for sharing all the different sections and special resources of this Bible. I know many will love having this resource, and may God use it mightily! I praise God for you, precious Stephanie, and thank Him for bringing us together through the internet. Much love and hugs! xoxo

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. thank you for the Bible review... It looks like a wonderful edition ... I will keep my eye out for it ... ... Barb xxxxx

Tamago said...

Glad you enjoy the book. Love how you presented it with beautiful flowers. Your home is filled with so many beauties :-)
Have a wonderful new week!!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a beautiful bible on the outside and then even more beautiful on the inside! Thank you for reviewing this bible for us, my sweet friend. After reading what you wrote and then reading your dear Mom's comment, I'm thinking I should buy this. I hope you have a wonderful week, lovely friend. Sending warm hugs your way.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hello Stephanie, that looks like such a lovely Bible. Enjoy it.
Have a wonderful week.
Julie

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I am in love with the just the looks of this precious Bible and Oh do I love the Word of the Living God!! The colors are beautiful and those nuggets are an added lovely addition. I use the NKJV as that had been what our previous Pastor preached from. We have an interim at the present and he uses the NKJV as well. I've taught so many different Bible Studies over the past 20 years and most are NIV. But, I also go back to my NKJV. The only problem I have now...even with glasses...I need LARGE PRINT! LOL! Thanks for sharing lovely friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Thanks for sharing this Stephanie! I love it -- it IS so pretty but I love all of the extra helps and information inside. I think I am going to add this to my "Amazon Wish List". My family never knows what to get me so this will definitely be on my Christmas list this year.

Chris Lally said...

You have convinced me to pick one up. What a wonderful recommendation. Thank you, Stephanie!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I have a wonderful bible already, but I find myself wanting to have this one because it's so pretty!! I'm off to put it on my wish list.

JES the Pilgrim said...

Thank you for sharing this!!! It looks very much up my alley!! :)

Vee said...

🌿You did a beautiful job of presenting this Bible. 🌸

Wandering Wren said...

That has got to be the prettiest bible I've ever seen! Talking of praise the lord, we've had an exciting delivery at our place :)
Wren x

cucki said...

Wow it is really so beautiful
You did a wonderful job
Sending you big hugs and smiles x

Anne said...

Looks like a wonderful study Bible. Thanks for sharing. ♡

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is a lovely bible, I have never used a study bible before, I like NIV version myself, sounds like it is packed full of all kinds of cross referencing.
We were just talking at prayer night that it is so amazing how you can read the bible over and over and still read something new in it each and every time, God speaks to us through the bible when we need to hear it, what a blessing he has given us through His word!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Love that old hymn that you shared about the precious Book of life... and of course your pictures are always so beautiful too! I enjoyed your review of this Bible, and it looked like it was indeed filled with so many nuggets of information. I like the quote by Elizabeth Elliot that you highlighted too. I too prefer the KJV but also enjoy the NKJV and Amplified as well. What a blessing to enjoy such a lovely Bible and study guide by doing the review. May the Lord bless you richly as you enjoy this new Bible :) Hugs to you dear friend!

Sandy said...

What a wonderful Bible and beautiful post.
Sandy xx

Red Rose Alley said...

These rose pictures are beautiful, Stephanie, and it almost looks like a red rose, although it's probably a dark pink. You know, I've always wanted to take a Bible Study class, but I do meet with a friend once a week and we talk and pray and talk some more. : ) Love the Elisabeth Elliot quote. So glad to have such a loving and gentle blog friend in you.

~Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...