Saturday, October 07, 2017

An Inconvenient Beauty - Book Review

Griffith, Duke of Riverton, likes order, logic, and control, 
and he naturally applies this rational approach to his search for a bride. 
He's certain Miss Frederica St. Claire is the perfect wife for him, 
but while Frederica is strangely elusive, 
he can't seem to stop running into her stunningly beautiful cousin, 
Miss Isabella Breckenridge.

Isabella should be enjoying her society debut, 
but with her family in difficult circumstances, 
her uncle will only help them if she'll use her beauty 
to assist him in his political aims. 
Already uncomfortable with this agreement, 
the more she comes to know Griffith, 
the more she wishes to be free of her unfortunate obligation.

Will Griffith and Isabella be able to set aside their pride 
and face their fears in time to find their own happily-ever-after?




My Thoughts
Let me just say that I am still smiling
after reading the last page of this book.
It's sweet, it's humorous, it's captivating, and yes,
it's ever so endearing.
An Inconvenient Beauty 
is one of those stories that gives you a nice, warm feeling.
It's a story that will make you sigh with happiness.
Sounds cheesy, I know, 
but sometimes a book like that is just what you need.

When I requested this book to review
I was not aware that it was the 4th and final book in the Hawthorne House Series.
Yes, I should have paid closer attention when requesting this book
since I am one of those that likes to begin a series at the beginning.
With that being said, I did not have any trouble following along
and while it was apparent that several characters from the previous books were mentioned
it was not hard to connect the dots.
In all honesty I think An Inconvenient Beauty could be read as a stand alone.
But I will say that Kristi Ann Hunter is a very talented author
and by reading this book she has motivated or rather inspired me
to read the entire series.

The characters were flawless,
the history of the Regency Era was spot on,
and the Christian aspect was presented beautifully.
An Inconvenient Beauty is an all-around lovely book.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts and opinions are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Kristi Ann Hunter graduated from Georgia Tech 
with a degree in computer science but always knew she wanted to write. 
Kristi is the author of the Hawthorne House series 
and a 2016 RITA Award winner and Christy Award finalist. 
She lives with her husband and three children in Georgia. 
Find her online at www.kristiannhunter.com

17 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Thank you for another great review! I had to start a Pinterest board for books to read from all the great reviews that you and other bloggers give! Pinned!

Anne Payne said...

I adore this series!!! I'm so happy to be a part of the Bethany House blogging team.

Linda Shukri said...

Thanks, Stephanie! :-)

Wanda said...

These types of books are for those who would keep their minds and hearts pure.....shouldn't that be the goal of all the books we read.

I love your take on the books you preview.

Been lots of bittersweet in our lives lately...Don't post family issues very much, but would appreciate a prayer for our youngest daughter Jill, going through a testing and trial time in her life.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Sounds like a wonderful read.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Sounds like a wonderful read.

Debbie said...

now you have made me wish i was a reader!! i am happy you enjoyed it so much!!

Vee said...

Gotta love a book that leaves you smiling. 🙂

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Another great review - and another book for me to request at the library!

Jazzmin said...

Dear friend, I think your always wonderful reviews make me more determined than ever to find more time to read. I truly need to so that I can get to the several goodies that I have put on my list after reading about them here, including this one now :) This story sounds oh so endearing and I love your description. And it is not cheesy at all- I think romantic words like that are the best kinds of describe a lovely book. The story sounds very captivating, and it's wonderful to know Christian themes of faith are a great part of it as well.
Just the title and cover beauty itself is lovely- it's always neat to be brought back in time with historical fashion :) Seeing her dress makes me want to get in the sewing room now and start a regency pattern I picked up this year.

I think of you often, dear friend, and hope you are very well! I heard there was snow in Denver today and thought of you. I don't remember how close you are to there, but I imagine your fall is beginning quite cozily with lovely white wonderland on its way soon if not now.

Thank you for blessing my heart with your posts today also, as I catch up on some of your older Sunday posts I had missed.
Hugs and many blessings!
Jazzmin

Prunella Pepperpot said...

A fabulous book review Stephanie and one that leaves you feeling happy at the end. Well worth a read :)
Have a wonderful week in your part of the World xx

Lillie said...

Sounds like a wonderful book to read. Thanks !

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Enjoyed your sharing of the review of this book, and I will write down this author's name, as it is not so much the story, as in the telling that speaks to your heart, and it was good to hear that you enjoyed this book so much :)

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Thank you for the lovely book review, dear Stephanie! I have seen this book series at my local bookstore and wondered if they were worth reading. Now I know! Hugs to you xo Karen

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed your review! Sounds like a sweet story!

handmade by amalia said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm always on the lookout for new authors and Kristi Ann Hunter sounds lovely.
Amalia
xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for your review - I think I'd enjoy this book.

All the best Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...